effing at&t needs to get their act together

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sr5878, Jul 9, 2008.

1. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

at&t infuriates me. can anyone provide some answers for me?

i am on an at&t small business line with FAN and registered with a tax id number, not an ssn.

i pay $45/mo minus a $25/mo discount for data. i was told that if i were to give the old iphone to someone else on my plan, they would HAVE to use the $45/mo plan with no discount. i was also told that this isnt true. which is it?

i asked about my upgrade status -- i am a current iphone user (have been since jan 23) and i am NOT eligible until august 13th. i guess i must've bought my old phone on aug. 13 2006.

SIGH. at&t.

2. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I have not heard anyone say at all that the original iPhones would be eligible for corporate discounts. They never have been, and I have not seen anything saying this has changed. I assume it has not, as the set up is tied into the revenue sharing agreement between AT&T and Apple.

So unless AT&T officially announces a change in their policy, it is unlikely you will be able to get any discount on the original iPhone when someone else gets it from you.

3. sr5878 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i think the $25/mo was a promotion... it definitely isn't a corporate thing.

i spoke to a rep named "daryl" and he told me that it is possible to change the data plan from the $45/mo to the $20/mo plan, but everyone has a different story.

edit: i'm not on a corporate account. it's a familytalk plan but registered as a business.

4. scorpio07 macrumors newbie

I have a small business account to. I went to the at@t store and spoke to a rep in person. I suggest you do the same thing. I was told more then 6 times that I could get the $199/$299 price, when in reality I cant because I am not a current Iphone user. The Customer Service reps need to get on the same page.

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Oh you are saying you had a $45 data plan with $25 discount?

That is weird.

The only data plan for the original iPhone is $20 a month. Nobody pays more than that, so whomever you sold the phone to would only have to pay $20 for data, not $45.

6. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

You don't have to be a current iPhone user to get the new iPhone for the $199/299 price.

7. scorpio07 macrumors newbie

I am currently under a 2 year contract for my Blackberry through at&t so I am not able to upgrade at the $199/$299 it's $399/$499 for me. I was just stating for my situation.

8. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Ahh, alright, just trying to clarify.

9. scorpio07 macrumors newbie

No problem at all. I can understand why you would want to clarify. I don't want anyone to be misinformed.