EFI 2.2 for mid 2011 MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by rritterson, Oct 26, 2011.

1. rritterson macrumors 6502

Software update popped up an EFI 2.2 firmware update for my Mid '11 MBA about an hour ago. Since then, no information has appeared on Apple.com and none of the blogs have said anything.

Anyone get offered the update? I can't pull it up in SU again because it's already installed.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I'll look tonight when I get home, but perhaps they are addressing some of the nagging issues such as crashing when waking from sleep, or forgetting the preferred networks.

3. rritterson thread starter macrumors 6502

the update was vague about what it did, just mentioning general fixes.

I'm wondering if anyone else actually saw it or is seeing it, or if it got quickly pulled or something.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

It's available for download on Apple's support website. Apple is usually vague on EFI releases, since they are mostly for obscure bug fixes.

The download site just says "This update fixes several issues to improve the stability of MacBook Air (mid 2011) computers and is recommended for all users."

5. rritterson thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm... maybe some akamai caching or something is at fault here, because I only see version 2.1 instead of 2.2. Do you have a direct link to the relevant KB article?

6. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Could be on account of the massive thread talking about shoddy animations after the first EFI update.

7. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I did the update. Maybe I will get 6 hours on my MBA 11 now :rolleyes:

8. KPOM macrumors G5

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1448

9. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I am only seeing the 2.1 update not the 2.2:confused: I did just update to the 2.2 earlier but I can not find it on the support page.

10. rritterson thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks a bunch! Interestingly, the link off the main support page to this URL is Titled EFI version 2.1, but when you click through it is actually 2.2