EFI Update and Mac book wont boot.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ikm19, Apr 9, 2008.

1. ikm19 macrumors 6502

ikm19

I did the update and while restarting mine laptop failed with something i could not understand, so i restarted it now i hear is only beeps and nothing on the screen. Is there anyway to get it back i am going today to apple store and see if they could do something. Is it like i damaged mine logic board. Is it reparable I am getting too much nervous.

Sorry for reposting from News Section. But i got no response from there. If its inappropriate Mods Please delete this thread.
    :apple:

2. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Someone stated that Apple has a downloadable file that you need to get and burn to CD, and boot from that CD to get your old Firmware rev. I don't know where it is, or if it works...but it's worth a shot...

3. ikm19 thread starter macrumors 6502

ikm19

the problem is that i see nothing on screen nor its possible to able to boot forward. the only thing i hear after i press the power button is beep and sleep lights flashes rapidly

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/firmwarerestorationcd16.html

5. ikm19 thread starter macrumors 6502

ikm19

6. ikm19 thread starter macrumors 6502

ikm19

The solution provided above didn't worked out. I have a faulty logic board and the guy at apple store said it need to be replaced. so after 2 months mine macbook has a dead logic board and after that i will be using a REPAIRED macbook.

Thanks APPLE that what i excepted from you money suckers...

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

things happen, deal with it, if your engine in your car blew up after two months they arent going to give you a new car either, such is life, be glad it happened now and not a year from now when you are out of warranty..assuming you didnt buy applecare

8. ikm19 thread starter macrumors 6502

ikm19

BTW i did got a new car the last honda i was driving when it broke down after 6 months. i do have apple care. i don't know why did i purchased one...
    I am pissed off because this is mine second mac that had same problem. the first one i got in december broke down after 25 days and then i had to sell it off for cheap. and i got new black edition by paying extra and have simillar problem.

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

You either have very bad luck or you're doing something to your machines that you shouldn't be. But if you think only Apples occasionally malfunction, you'll be sorely mistaken.

And after 25 days (in the example above), I think you could have gotten the machine repaired or replaced, eh?

10. ShiggyMiyamoto macrumors 6502a

ShiggyMiyamoto

I have the same issue. I upgraded to EFI 1.2, and now my MacBook won't boot up. It did for awhile, and then I went to sleep it. When I tried to open it up again, it would not light up. My guess is that the contents that were open didn't save to RAM properly, but you never know.

Here's a link to my post to the MacBook EFI 1.2 thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5292306&postcount=13

Seriously though, why did a new thread have to be made when someone had already started one for this update?