EFI Update Late 08 MBP Doing Weird Things HELP!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jfriedman8, Dec 10, 2008.

1. jfriedman8 macrumors 6502

So I just updated the EFI thing. I did the initial shutdown. The when I booted up I was greeted to a loud error-like tone before the grey screen and progress bar loaded. Then when I log back in and am browsing, OS X quit on me and produced this screen:

[​IMG]

I am using my HD out of my Late 08 MB without having reinstalled OS X from the MBP discs provided in the box. Does anyone think this is the reason for this problem? When I look in the System Profiler, all of the MBP hardware shows up. Same goes for Boot Camp and Vista.

2. jfriedman8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just now i did the other update SMC for my 15 Inch MBP (same comp as above) and when the grey screen came up with the load bar, my fans started going as fast as I've ever heard them!? They were screaming and the comp isnt even warm.... Anyone else have the same thing happen? Is it normal?

3. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

Yea, it's best practice to run a clean install after a hard drive replacement; regardless of where the hard drive came from. :)

4. PhilaScott macrumors regular

PhilaScott

Mine did what you described in each step except for the error message and everything seems to be fine here.