EFS under Mac OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Winter Charm, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Okay, so today our entire windows system went down in the Office. We are *finally* considering switching to mac.

I need to know if there is OS X software that lets you keep patient (medical) records on file, and accessible throughout the network on every mac.

I also need to know how The networking would work. We have 26 computers at teh moment. Would we need a Mac Server and X Serve, or would everything just work out if we used a Mac Pro or an iMac as our "server"

Thanks for the help!!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I haven't used it, but a quick google found EzMedPro - I'd look into it.

With 26 client computers, you are going to want a server.

3. 1ne macrumors regular

I have nothing againist Mac and I own one but just curious what makes you think this will not happen if you switch over to a Mac OS environment? After all it is still a machine and it can also fail.

Yes Macintosh is great but it is not the saviour of everything.

Just my 0.02.;)

Doesn't your IT people have backups?

4. Winter Charm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Well, we will be switching over to mac mini's for all the clients from really old dell optiplex pc's. Not only will there be a significant boost in performance, but newer hardware is generally more reliable. I know macs can fail, too... and for our current network, we did a weekly backup of the server (the clients had nothing of importance on them) but i honestly think with a Mac pro or a Mac server, Time Machine could be put to really really good use :D