Either AT&T or Apple fixed cellular data metering!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zorinlynx, Nov 18, 2013.

1. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Just an observation... Up until now, cellular data usage as reported by my iPhone always read higher than that reported by AT&T. Sometimes the difference was 20-30%!

I reset the meter in iOS at the start of this billing period, and for the first time ever, the numbers actually match perfectly; 2475MB reported by AT&T, 2.4GB reported in the iPhone. Maybe iOS 7 tweaked things?

Hopefully the phone used to overreport, and AT&T didn't just start overreporting! Either way, it's nice to have consistency so I can tell exactly how much data I've used.

2. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

That's really good to know! I've told my sisters, who are on tiered plans, to reset their meters on the night before the new billing period this month and start monitoring on their device instead of the AT&T app to see if it's correct. Both of them are to the MBs now (one at 89MB/0.089GB and the other 1102MB/1.1GB). Now they can monitor in Settings and know it's correct as well.

I actually started doing this on mine even though I have unlimited. With Google Music, I was worried I'm gonna get close to the 3GB throttling meter, so I've been keeping tabs. It's also accurate.

Good to know this, AT&T iPhone users!