Eizo CG241W using GT 120 on '09 MacPro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Watchbird, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Watchbird macrumors newbie

I plan to buy this monitor. Wondering if anyone has experience using it with the GT 120 graphics adapter on new MacPro.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's a monitor. It's a graphics card. It plugs in; it works.

3. awmazz macrumors 65816

Not sure what you're asking - about an adapter? Both have DVI so no need for any gizmos to connect them. The CG220 model works excellently on my earlier Mac Pro with just bog standard 7300 nVideas so I can't see why the newer/bigger versions of both won't work even better.

The colour and image quality is absolutely superb, although one thing is that the CG220 has a strong green hue for the first 30 seconds or so after powering up from cold until it warms up, but this is to be expected as per the literature. I assume the CG241 will be similar if they are using the same technology.

4. Watchbird thread starter macrumors newbie

Well... guess I should have asked with a little more background and also more precision. I had also been looking at the NEC2690. Turns out there were some reports over at DPReview concerning NEC Spectraview II software problems on the Macs that were using the Radeon HD4870. Last time I checked both Apple and NEC were on the problem, but had not resolved it.

So--- my question should be recast as (1) any problems running the EIZO ColorNavigator software on a new Pro using the GT120 card and (2) considering the new Displayport interface etc. on the new Macs, do the Eizo supplied cables work ok.

BTW, I would also be asking the same questions about the CG242W, but alas, EIZO North America have said they will not be carrying it. It was my understanding that it was featured over at NAB in Los Vegas this week.

5. Mac Husky macrumors regular

I mentioned it in some other threads this week: NEC sent me a mail, where they wrote, that the ATI/2690-problem is fixed by a new firmware for the display!

6. chelsel macrumors 6502

Any idea how the new firmware is applied? Does the unit need to be sent to the factory?