Eject Button Randomly Activating- Please Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hacksaw-C87, Jan 26, 2009.

1. hacksaw-C87 macrumors regular

Hi,

My (brand new 2.4ghz 4GB Ram) Macbook is playing up. Quite frequently, after around an hour of usage, when using the trackpad the eject icon pops up and my Macbook tries to eject from the Superdrive. It's pretty rare that I've actually got a CD/DVD in there but it's really annoying and I can't make it stop. Is it maybe a trackpad issue, am I activating some shortcut using the trackpad that I don't know about. I've searched the forums and can't find any links to a problem of similar nature so my apologies if I've repeated a common error post or something.
    Cheers,
    Hacksaw

2. finnschi macrumors 6502

Did you by any chanche hook up a second keyboard? :)

3. hacksaw-C87 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I've got a Apple wireless keyboard paired up with my Mac. Is that causing the problem?

4. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

There could be interference in the signal, or maybe the wireless keyboard is malfunctioning, try it without the wireless keyboard and tell us what is happening

5. hacksaw-C87 thread starter macrumors regular

OK, so I took the wireless keyboard offline. No more problem, no erratic eject behaviour. I put it back online.

My Safari (in fact, all my programs where scrolling is possible) wouldn't scroll!!! When I tried to use the trackpad the cursor would force itself to the bottom and jump up and down when I tried to use the Mac's native keyboard. This only stopped when I scrolled using the arrows on the Apple wireless keyboard. The original problem seems to have subsisted, for now.

Thanks for your continuing help.
    hacksaw