eject key command?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by motulist, Feb 29, 2008.

1. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Is there an eject ipod key command? It seems really lame to have to navigate around just to be able to disconnect the dang thing. The quickest way I've found so far is expose to desktop, type in the first letters of my ipod's name, then hit apple-E.

There must be an easier way to do this. If there's no better way that already exists, I figure I'll try making an automator script, but that could get tricky and I don't even know of an automator script can be assigned to a custom key command and automator scripts usually run kinda slow. So an automator script wouldn't be the ideal solution. Ideally I'd like to be able to assign the key command apple+eject key to automatically eject my iPod the same way that just hitting the eject key will eject a CD.

What method do you use to eject your ipod?

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

In itunes click the eject button, or just pull it out thats what i do

3. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

Do you not have any eject key on your keyboard (I know macbook, macbook pro do)

Alternatively you could install Ejector which sits in your menu bar and you just click that.

B.

4. motulist thread starter macrumors 601

motulist

I have an eject key on my keyboard, but that eject the disc from the drive, not the ipod.

5. motulist thread starter macrumors 601

motulist

Don't you find that doing all that navigation to be a hassle for a task you're constantly doing? It's not the end of the world by any means, but it's just one of those minor annoyances that it'd be nice not to have.

Regarding just pulling it out, that's what my sister has always done for years and she says it's never been a problem. She says she just disconnects it when she wants to go and lets the machine deal with it. And that jibes with my philosophy on material possessions; your stuff is supposed to service you, not the other way around.

p.s. I think I actually used a semi-colon there correctly! (but I'm not sure.)

6. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

woops your right about that, I would say that the Ejector app is the most hassle free before :apple: + E combo

7. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

You can use quicksilver to eject disks using just a keyboard.