Eject Stuck Blank DVD

Discussion in 'macOS' started by The Valeyard, Jun 13, 2009.

1. The Valeyard macrumors member

I wanted to burn a few videos at 1.3GB onto a blank DVD and I only got this mac today but the eject key on my old 10.4 (w/ Numeric keypad) won't eject any disc, which is a problem, really because I have this trouble with my Finder burning because I have to click burn and then insert or it doesn't recognise that there's anything in there. But clicking the eject button next to the disk does work but because this is a blank DVD, it doesn't show up. I tried the restart with the mouse button down but it didn't do anything. So now I can't get it out. Should I try the smaller keyboard's eject key? Maybe it's a sort of incompatibility. But when I press the eject key the eject bezel shows up but the disc in there (with data or not), won't eject. Please help.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If the mouse button/eject key startups didn't kick out the stuck disc, you could try the Terminal command drutil eject. This is, of course, assuming that there isn't something physically wrong with the drive motor, etc.

3. The Valeyard thread starter macrumors member

Sorry!

Thanks for that. I'll remember it in future. But I just realised that I hadn't inserted the DVD. I was watching a video I had made in iMovie the whole day and I forgot to put it in...

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The ones that aren't there are the most difficult to remove...:D