Eject Thunderbolt Restart?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by fryc86, Jan 5, 2013.

1. fryc86 macrumors member

Windows 8 Bootcamp on rMBP, when I open "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" and click on "eject thunderbolt" to try to eject my thunderbolt external drive so I can unplug it, the system freezes for a second then goes to a screen saying something to the effect of there was a problem and it needs to collect information or something like that and then it restarts. Not entirely the end of the world as I can wait to boot back into os x before I eject my external drive if I need to, but if there's a way to fix it I'd appreciate it, thanks :)

2. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

I don't believe there is currently any way to hot-swap Thunderbolt devices on Windows, which is why the computer crashed. Don't quote me on that though.

3. fryc86 thread starter macrumors member

hmm okay then... I didn't not know that, but it explains it, thanks :)

4. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Yeah, as of right now you cant Hot Plug/Hot Swap Thunderbolt devices. Although while searching I read that Intel is working on new drivers to add Hot-Swap support to Windows 7 & 8.

5. fryc86 thread starter macrumors member

thanks :) I'll wait and see if drivers develop for it then. Regarding Q. 23. when it says sleep is disabled does that just mean that nothing happens? Or is a power off possible? Just wondering if it could have something to do with my other question: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1520445