ejected hard drive from airport extreme base station?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CromulentChriss, Apr 18, 2009.

1. CromulentChriss macrumors newbie

Hi!

I've used hard drives over the airport extreme base station for some time now and never had any problem with it. But just now I ejected both of my two hard drives connected to the base station to edit their names and icons. On one drive I forgot to virtually eject before manually ejecting it - but that was no problem when I reconnected to the base station. However, the other drive I remembered to virtually eject before manually ejecting it - and this drive (my time machine drive) no longers exists on my base station.

I have tried to restart the hard drive, and disconnected the base station (but not restarted it - as I will try that if needed) and reconnected it again - without luck. This is weird because it is the 3rd or 4th time I have disconnected the two drives from the network to do this exact task - but each time I was fine

If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it a lot! Thanks

2. CromulentChriss thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I was a little bit unclear with what happened to the hard drive:

The very first thing I did was to hit the little "eject-triangle" in the sidebar on my hard drive which is shared over the network. Then I took my mac downstairs to where my base station is. I unplugged it's usb plug from the base station's usb hub. After connecting the drive directly to my mac I edited the name and the icon. Then I hit the "eject-triangle" from the finder sidebar before reconnecting the hard drive to the base station. Now, it's like this hard drive isn't connected to the base station at all, and will not "show up" anywhere. Please help me

I did the exact same thing with my other hard drive, except that I did not hit the "eject-triangle" in the finder sidebar the second time. and this drive is fine

thanks

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

4. CromulentChriss thread starter macrumors newbie

no, the problem is not solved - it's just one of my hard drives that never got any problems

5. MacBook MH macrumors member

OK that might be a drive problem. Will the drive show up when u connect it directly to a mac?