ejecting bootcamp

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bmms8, Jun 28, 2009.

1. bmms8 macrumors 68020

hello, i just purcahsed a new 13 inch mbp and i just installed xp using boot camp. on my mac desktop i see the "bootcamp" drive. i was wondering if i can eject that, or will that cause some problems? thanks in advance!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Yes, you can eject that and it will not cause problems.

3. hellrider macrumors regular

no, its ok to eject it. unless you need to copy files from it

4. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020

hey thanks for the input guys. i did eject it, but i am now facing two problems. when i restart my computer it automatically boots windows xp.. what can i do to change this? Also, the bootcamp drive comes back after a restart, is there a way to get rid of it from the desktop altogether? thanks in advance!

5. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

To automatically boot OS X, choose your OS X partition in the Boot Camp preference pane.
    To keep the Boot Camp partition off your desktop, add a period in front of the partition name in Windows (you can remove it from the Finder sidebar after doing so by right-clicking.)

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

To stop it booting automatically into XP:

Shut down your computer. When you turn it back on, hold down the "Option" key and you'll end up seeing both the OS X and Windows partitions. Boot into OS X. Then go System Preferences -> Startup Disk, and make sure the OS X partition is selected as the default startup disk.

7. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020