Resolved El Cap update stuck

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by glenthompson, Mar 22, 2016.

1. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Downloaded the El Capitan update this morning and started the install. It did its restart thing and has hung with the progress bar stuck at about 75%. It has stayed in the same place for over 4 hours. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? This is on a late 2011 MBP with 16gb and a Samsung SSD with over 100gb free. Upgrade is from 10.11.3. My current internet connection is a little slow but I was able to download the upgrade in an hour or so.

2. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

Not recommending this, since not sure what might go wrong, but, ran into similar issue.

Machine downloaded & installed update. Rebooted to FileVault login screen. Signed on and the progress bar hung at about 75% for about an hour for me. At which point, I re-powered. Climbed to 75% again, hung for a short while, then brought up normal screens.

So far, not seeing any issues.

3. glenthompson thread starter macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Never could get it to work at the location I was so I waited until I got home, plugged in my El Cap thumb drive and reinstalled from scratch. Restored everything and then tried the update again. All worked fine. Only significa