Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PJWilkin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Since upgrading to El Capital I have lost the ability to digitally sign emails for any account other than my iCloud account

Anyone else using email digital signatures ? And if so are they working for non-cloud accounts

I've done the obvious, recreated the account in email/internet accounts, deleted and re-added the certificate to keychain (the same certificate works OK on an iPhone, iPad and Windows PC)

I suspect the re-writes to the mail App have broken digital signing/encryption for non-cloud accounts
I also suspect the Mail App can't hand checking the signature on non-iCloud account as viewing signed emails does not seem to show the signature icon next to the name

PJWilkin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Digging a little
it seems El_Capitan is now case sensitive on matching email account in mail and the one in the signature,

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
My issue is when I received an encrypted email I don't get the Security header showing signed/encrypted. Any just Signed email shows the correct security header.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.