El Capitan 10.11.6 graphics driver bug?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Chippy99, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

Please may I ask a favour?

Please would someone (preferrably with a late 2012 27" iMac) try a simple test for me? If you could zoom the screen (under Accessibility options it's normally control-scroll wheel) and then wiggle the the mouse cursor around on screen. Do you see any graphics corruption?

I get these sorts of artefacts (don't worry about the pink staining - that's just a moiré artefact from the camera). I mean the black lines that should not be there:

[​IMG]

Normally I would suspect my GPU or graphics memory is on its way out, but my iMac functions perfectly in every other respect and passes all hardware diagnostic tests. So I am inclined to think 10.11.6 has introduced a graphics driver bug.

Can anyone else test it please?

Thanks

2. Chippy99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Come on folks, 174 views and not a single comment? Surely someone can simply zoom their desktop and see if there's any artefacts? It'll take you 10 seconds and another 10 to reply.

Please, anyone?

3. 844957 Suspended

Can confirm!

2012 iMac 27" with GTX 660M and I am using the webdriver 343.03.15f02 from NVIDIA.

Are you sure this is new to 10.11.6?

4. Chippy99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks mate. At least I now know my iMac is not about to die, which was my concern.

No, I don't know when this bug appeared. I zoom in and out quite a lot (eyesight not being what it used to be!) and only noticed this for the 1st time a few days ago, so it's arrived fairly recently but I can't say when exactly.

5. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

Late 2012 21" with GT 650M graphics and it works fine, no artifacts. Does t happen if you move the mouse around or do you have to give it a real wiggle. I'm just thinking whether it's connected to the cursor change when you wiggle it a lot as if you've lost it.

6. Chippy99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good thought - but just tested it to check and no, it happens just with normal mouse movement, i.e. without getting the big cursor. I've filed a bug report and Apple are investigating.