El Capitan and FireFox... Odd Google Redirects, Can't Submit Web Forms?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by shoehornhands, Oct 1, 2015.

1. shoehornhands macrumors regular

I just did a clean install of El Capitan and am experiencing some strange behavior when using FireFox.

First off, whenever I do a google search in Firefox, the message "Please click here if you are not redirected within a few seconds" pops up in the browser window and then redirects me to the google search results (which are then presented in a different way than usual).

Further, websites (including MacRumors) do not display correctly. I attached a few images to show what I'm talking about. The first image shows how the entire top portion of the website is missing. The second image shows how text overlaps, stuff isn't displayed side-by-side, etc.

Further, I'm unable to submit form data (I had to use Safari to log into MacRumors and make this post).

Does anybody know what the deal is here / experiencing similar behavior? 1.png 2.png

2. shoehornhands thread starter macrumors regular

In case anybody else experiences similar behavior, it turned out to be a graphics glitch with the QuickJava Firefox addon which resulted in JavaScript being disabled. I'm not sure why it would behave differently in El Capiton, but if you have any issues with Firefox, look into your addons first.