Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

victorhooi

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I'm running OSX 10.11 (El Capitan), DP1. I'm attempting to install the Fujitsu ScanSnap software.

The installer proceeds well, but then appears to hang towards the end, at "Running package scripts":

uNUzIQw.png

I have left it here for around 20 minutes, no change.

Running lsof | grep Installer, I get:

https://gist.github.com/victorhooi/caaed31b976d15a51a00

Running lsof a few times, the output doesn't appear to change, so it appears to be stuck at wherever this is.

Also, even if I Force Quit the installer, OSX doesn't even let me restart the machine after this - I need to send a SIG9 to "installd".

Does anybody have any ideas on how to work out why the above process is stuck? Or any possible workarounds/fixes?

victorhooi

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I was able to install the Fujitsu ScanSnap drivers for the iX100 scanner from here:

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/suppo...ipheral/scanners/scansnap/software/ix100.html

In particular, I used the download "ScanSnap Manager for Mac V6.3L21", and then went to Updates and used "
ScanSnap Manager for Mac V6.3L27".

I didn't encounter the "Running package scripts..." issue when doing it this way - and by some weird magic, this package also supports my scanner model (S1500M).

I'm not sure why - the actual ScanSnap software is newer (V6.3L21 versus V3.2L31), but neither one of them has been officially supported for El Capitan. Then again, the V6.3L21 is apparently compatible with Yosemite out-of-the-box (V3.2L31 requires an update afterwards to function fully), but not really sure how that affects El Capitan, or why the installer itself would hang.

I wonder if there's any way (e.g. strace, dtrace etc). to figure out where the installation script is hanging at?

Reactions: tomcoady
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.