Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjman11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
Just updated to Beta 4 today and it seemed to go well until the install screen froze for hours. Ended up running out of battery (yes, yes, yes I'm stupid starting an update w/o a charger). Now when the computer attempts to boot it gets to the login screen and behaves normally until the screen flashes (looks like its switching video preferences?) then soon after the screen starts to pinwheel. I'm able to boot in safe mode, and have run First Aid through disk utility. Looking at the console it appears as though there are issues with the XPC service. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated!

rjman11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
Just solved the issue. Figured I'd update in case anyone else is having the issue. Looking at the console it appears that a thread handle was being lost with the Mobile Time Machine Snapshot Daemon (mtmd) causing the whole computer to lock up. Solved it by booting into safe mode and running the command "sudo tmutil disablelocal" and was able to login right away.

Reactions: mr.bee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.