Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jharasawa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2015
Ive been stuck in the el capitan installing logo with the forever "Less than a minute remaining"
I dont know what to do!!! Help :(((
Should I wait it out? Or is there anything else i can try?? image.jpeg

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
That happened to me as well, while doing a fresh install (i.e. - I had wiped my drive prior to installing EC); I bailed on the install and did some research. One suggestion was to turn off the wifi while installing; I did so and the second install was smooth sailing. It still hung on the 'less than a minute' message but only for about 5 minutes. YMMV.

This has been going on with various editions of OS X for quite a while; if you Google OS X less than a second (or minute), you will get numerous hits, including from these forums.

ayushsrk

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
Same here actually. With yosemite on my home laptop I had faced the similar problem. I went to the apple store however this time for El capitan and the technican suggested me to turn wifi off while the install process was on. I did so and it was pretty smooth. Although I am not really sure that turning wifi off will be the solution.

dmnc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
Happened the same to me, fresh installing on a MacBook Air 2015. That "less than a minute" took almost 15 to finish, which was quite worrying. I thought of the possibility of an internet-related problem taking into consideration the fact that on release day the download was awful.
On an unrelated topic, I don't like the new idea of not showing what's happening during the install except for that loading bar. I find it kind of insulting actually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.