Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superdx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Any happy users with no issues to report at all?

Mostly smooth on my MacBooks, but on my Mac Pro 4,1:
  • GTX 780 switched back to default OSX driver, but all screens working. Downloaded and installed the Nvidia beta driver and all seems well
  • Can't login to iCloud or Messages, just keeps spinning
  • SSD PCI-E card (OWC Acceselsior) is now showing up on my desktop as a removable disk, a bit nervous that I'm going to eject my primary OS disk!

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
All systems: Mail has a bug with entering group addresses. If you enter the group name and follow with TAB or RETURN, there is a good change it will crash the app. RIGHT-ARROW works.

Mac Pro 5,1 modified with an updated Apple WiFi/BT LE card: Handoff is shown as available in the General Preferences and BT shows support in Systems Report, but it does not work. Sometimes, outgoing Handoff is visible on other systems. This work flawlessly, when booting in to Yosemite.

Both have been reported on bugreport.com since earlier betas. There appears to have been some work on it, but in the end Apple had to ship...

superdx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
SSD on the PCIe card should report as external, this never changed.
(It's not removable if it's the boot drive)

It doesn't show up as removable in the Finder sidebar, but it does appear on my desktop as a removable disk.

Snow Leopard, Mavericks, Yosemite didn't have this behaviour, so it was new to me. The PCI-E card was recognised as an internal disk. Anyways, Finder preferences fixed this issue to remove the icon from the desktop. I'm good!

Fixed Messages/Facetime issue by logging in with another iCloud account and just switching the "send messages from" option.

edanuff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
Appears to fix the broken login screen problem with dual 4K displays on the 2013 nMP. Does not fix the lack of 4K bootscreens on the nMP.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
The PCI-E card was recognised as an internal disk.

This is interesting, the PCIe card SSD always shows as external on my cMP. Not the desktop icon, they are changeable, but the system info. Do you still have a Yosemite backup boot drive to verify this?

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
If you have Nvidia web drivers you have to disable OpenCL in Photoshop otherwise the app will crash if you attempt to resize very large images.

rawweb

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2015
I had a TASCAM US-1200 audio interface freak on my work machine. Had to revert to Yosemite until they get a proper driver.

Synchro3

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
If you have a Caldigit FASTA-6GU3 (Non-Pro) you have to uninstall drivers before you upgrade to 10.11. The unsigned kernel extension (kext) for that PCIe card will crash OS X.

I did a fresh install of 10.11 with no drivers installed. Howsoever the USB ports of the FASTA-6GU3 don’t work anymore, there is not even power on the USB 3.0 ports. The eSata ports on the other hand work fine.

My other card, the FASTA-6GU3 Pro is working as usual, drivers in 10.11 already included. Also no problems with the Syntech PCIE Adapter.

Last edited:
Reactions: m4v3r1ck

VAGDesign

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2014
Greece
Installing Latest Logitech Control Center for my mouse Performance MX, had an ACPI error and kernel panic.

Solution:

Boot from Yosemite, get Kext Utility (google it to learn more) and put it in your Utilities folder cause it's handy to have.
Now, open Utilities where your Kext Utility icon is, open Finder to your El Capitan partition and go to: /System/Library
Grab the folder of Extensions and drop it on the icon of Kext Utility.

I hope this helps some of you who have same/similar KPs after installing drivers/utilities.

Synchro3

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Click the lock to make changes. This will let you choose any of the greyed partitions ;)

Ha! That was it! :) Thanks for the tip! Sometimes the things we don't immediately see are the simplest.

Edit: Everytime you choose 'Startvolume' have to click the lock and enter the password again, that's silly. o_O

Last edited:

superdx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
This is interesting, the PCIe card SSD always shows as external on my cMP. Not the desktop icon, they are changeable, but the system info. Do you still have a Yosemite backup boot drive to verify this?

Yes, the OWC tech guy said the same thing, and that they should always show up as external. Wonder if it has anything to do with the slot? I did swap it once to move it to an x16 slot vs. an x4 slot.

I wish I could grab a screenshot but after spending many frustrating hours fixing the Messages / Facetime app last night, I'm not touching my MP's config for a long time!

neomorpheus

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2014
At work, I'm having some DNS issues.

We have a couple of Qnaps, bound to AD and El Capitan can't find them by hostname, only by IP.

Network Utility is able to ping them by name.

Then, a couple of network printers, same issue, can't find them by hostname, only IP, but here is the other problem, NU cannot ping them at all.

Lastly, Outlook 2011 is completely broken under El Capitan.

This was on a Mac Mini with a fresh install, not an upgrade from Yosemite.

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
Installing Latest Logitech Control Center for my mouse Performance MX, had an ACPI error and kernel panic.

Solution:

Boot from Yosemite, get Kext Utility (google it to learn more) and put it in your Utilities folder cause it's handy to have.
Now, open Utilities where your Kext Utility icon is, open Finder to your El Capitan partition and go to: /System/Library
Grab the folder of Extensions and drop it on the icon of Kext Utility.

I hope this helps some of you who have same/similar KPs after installing drivers/utilities.

That mouse's battery lasts longer without the Logitech software anyway.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012

My Logitech Performance MX Mouse is working just fine with both 10.11 and 10.11.1. Though after each update I need to un-pair and and re-pair to get the mouse to work.

As far as the Logitech software (Control Panel, Logitech Control Center) the mouse won't work without it. It's not a BT mouse, but a wireless mouse that requires the Control Center to connect and work.

Lou

Last edited:

VAGDesign

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2014
Greece

Performance MX has great battery life to me. Both mouses I have. I am installing the LCC for functionality.

It's not about the driver, I know it works fine without it. It's about the configuration of the buttons and also the Illuminated Keyboard driver it includes for some function keys.

w1z

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2013
For those of you that are experiencing kernel panics due to driver incompatibility with ElCap.. I believe I may have found a temporary workaround until manufactures release their updated device kexts/drivers.

If you upgraded from Yosemite and have not uninstalled the kexts/drivers before the upgrade
- Disable rootless, shutdown and reinstall the device then power up.

Fresh install of ElCap (Requires Yosemite kexts)
- Disable rootless, power up normally, restore kexts/drivers from a "Yosemite" time machine backup or extract using pacifist and install into System/Extensions then shutdown. Reinstall the device then power up.

Rootless appears to also disable non El Cap compatible kexts.

YMMV

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.