El Capitan "Mac Mini" Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by keekl, Oct 30, 2015.

1. keekl macrumors regular

keekl

:cool:

OK I use a Logitech M510 wireless mouse...and Logitech dropped the ball on getting things upgraded for El Capitan. I upgraded to El Capitan from Mavericks and everything has been great except my mouse.

Now I've posted on Logitech's support forum...they're advice is to pull the receiver unit and reinsert and/or restart...and neither worked..and I'm not the only one.

So in spite of all the ball bustin' I've done I'm getting nowhere. I love the extra buttons on my M510...worked great on Mavericks...I use the side buttons for FWD/BACK on web pages...

Anyone using anything that works? I'll even break down and get a "Magic Mouse" if it will customize in the manner I'm looking for.

Thanks!:)

2. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

I have to wonder if the free app BetterTouchtool might help with this issue.

3. kazibole macrumors member

Uninstall the Logitech software. Search for SteerMouse.

4. Fishrrman macrumors G3

As poster above said, try SteerMouse.

Also investigate "USB Overdrive" ...

5. c8rlo macrumors 6502

c8rlo

as others have mentioned you can install SteerMouse or USB Overdrive but eventually after the trial period you have to pay for the support which allows you to assign the actions of the FWD/BACK buttons on your mouse. both cost $20 and would be waaay cheaper than having to buy an Magic Mouse or newer Magic Mouse 2.

6. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

As mentioned in my previous post, you should try BetterTouchTool, it's free and is customizable for mouse buttons on regular mice.

Quote from BTT web site...
    "BetterTouchTool

BetterTouchTool is a great, feature packed app that allows you to configure many gestures for your Magic Mouse, Macbook Trackpad and Magic Trackpad and also Mouse Gestures for normal mice. It also allows you to configure actions for keyboard shortcuts, normal mice buttons and the Apple Remote. In addition to this it has an iOS companion App (BTT Remote) which can also be configured to control your Mac the way you want."

7. Celerondon macrumors 6502a

Celerondon

Here is another vote for BetterTouchTool. The app is intuitive and powerful.

Have you tried any of these suggestions yet?

8. keekl thread starter macrumors regular

keekl