El Capitan Mail crashes with Exchange account!

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Toru-kun, Oct 6, 2015.

  1. Toru-kun macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 16, 2007
    Location:
    Japan
    #1
    I have been using OS X Mail for quite a while and I had it always working with 4 different email accounts: Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange and another one.

    Ever since I updated to El Capitan, Mail keeps crashing with the "Mail quit unexpectedly" message every time I try to work with my Exchange account. Just by clicking on a message (one single click to preview it) from the Exchange account Mail will quit. It is the email account provided by my workplace, so I cannot get rid of it. I have tried removing/deleting the account from the Mail Accounts Preference Menu and have added it again. I have tried to close Mail and even reboot the system, but the problem persists.

    As a workaround I am using the Exchange webmail version, but I would love go back to using the Mail account... Apple might fix it on their next OSX update, but it's not for sure and who knows when.

    Meanwhile, any help would be appreciated! I am really desperate! Thanks in advance!
     
  2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

    dianeoforegon

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2011
    Location:
    Oregon
    #2
    Try removing the com.apple.mail folder in the User's Library/Containers folder.

    Log out/in then test Mail.

    If that fails, add a new User's account or use Guest User and see if your Exchange accout works in a clean enviornment.
     
  3. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

    simon lefisch

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2014
    #3
    No probs with Mail using my Exchange account. Try doing what's in the post above me. Haven't had Mail quit on me since upgrading to El Cap.
     
  4. Toru-kun thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 16, 2007
    Location:
    Japan
    #4
    I tried something different and it worked: I removed all the mail accounts from Email, and I added them again, but this time I added the Exchange Account first, and then the others. For some reason this time it prevented the problem from happening again. It's interesting, because when I tried to remove and add ONLY the exchange account the problem persisted. It's still a mystery to me why the problem got solved. Thanks anyway for your tips. I will keep them in mind and try them out if the problem happens again.
     

Share This Page