El Capitan non-Beta available to consumer?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by ron4735, Aug 17, 2015.

1. ron4735 macrumors newbie

First post in a LONG time. When is it anticipated that the non-Beta El Capitan will be available to consumers? I run Mavericks and MAY upgrade to Yosemite next week. Should I wait for El Capitan or go to Yosemite or wait? Thanks.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Likely to be mid/late September. I'd upgrade to Yosemite just so you can get a feel for the new UI in advance.

3. Ebenezum macrumors 6502a

If your Mac is working well in Mavericks real question is features and software. Has 10.10 Yosemite or 10.11 El Capitan a feature you need? Do you need software that requires 10.10 or 10.11?

If answer is yes upgrade.
    If no don´t upgrade.

If you´re not sure visit Apples site and look through descriptions & of both versions before deciding.

If you decide to install 10.11 I recommend waiting until 10.11.2 or .3. By that time worst bugs are probably gone.

4. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

I'd update to Yosemite, which at 10.10.5 is very stable, and then stay there until El Capitan goes through a couple of updates and settles down.
    Early updaters often regret their too quick action.

5. ron4735 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to all. Upgraded to Yosemite...no problems except get a dark screen occasionally with just the arrow cursor showing. Don't know if its related or not. I press control, option,shift & power on to to bring it back. Looks like it may be in sleep mode but don't now why. Anyway, I will wait for several updates to El Capitan.