El Capitan notes app

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Itzamna, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Itzamna macrumors regular

I know that this has been discussed ad eternum, and i'm not here seeking answers on to how i can sort my notes other than the last edited note on top.

I was wondering why did Apple made this move... Any special reason on why they removed the alphabetic sorting? Sure there must be a reason and not just because they wanted so.

Any one has any idea?

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

This would require an Apple employee that worked on the notes app in OX X El Capitan. Probably not on this website.

I wish they would give us multiple options.

3. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Let me just say that I love the new notes app but this is one of the things that could improve it. Need to be able to sort and/or pin notes at the top.

Also have text edit visible when typing notes without Command T to show fonts. Other than that I love it and dumped Evernote, finally. It just had way more features than I needed.

Have provided this feedback to Apple.

4. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

They want you to use Spotlight/Siri to quickly search for the note instead of scrolling through a list.

I'm not sure I completely agree, but let's be honest; if you use the hell out of the notes app and save a ton of notes, no manner of sorting is going to make it easy to find what you're looking for compared to intelligent search.

5. Itzamna thread starter macrumors regular

Sorting into folders and using numbers or symbols to alphabetically sort them inside of the folder has worked pretty well in Evernote for example... ;) I don't want to use Spotlight because if the notes are sorted the way i want, i can find them in a few clicks.

I know. But maybe someone that works on similar software might enlighten us if there is any problem on giving sorting options to the user.

I would understand if it was like a security problem, or whatever. But not being the case, the lack of sorting seems stupid.

I ditched Evernote as well, specially now that they flood their client with advertising to upgrade to the paying options they offer. But this problem its a major one in my opinion.

6. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Maybe we will see some changes with 10.11.2 but probably not until 10.12