El Capitan Sluggish again

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Rotaninart, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Rotaninart, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

Rotaninart macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    the first day I installed El Capitan I experienced a very smooth System with no UI lag when not using dedicated graphics and generally faster computing.
    But after a few days it became sluggish as Yosemite again, with the same UI lagging.
    It seems like apps slower, not particularly slower but the beach ball is showing up more often.
    Are you guys experiencing the same issues I have?
    Let's hope the next update gives it its former shine back.

Best regards
    Rotaninart

2. psik macrumors 6502

Run EtreCheck, most likely your fault - there are certai napps that are not interacting right with the OS. I have Yosemite and thanks to EtreCheck it feels like the first day I installed it, and I have quite a few apps running on startup and etc.

3. Rotaninart thread starter macrumors newbie

I let it run. Maybe it's the Flash Player cause UI lagging mostly happens when a YouTube video is playing.

4. psik macrumors 6502

use html5 extension, by that I mean 'click to flash' yes flash causes erious problems for me too, but that's flash not the OS

5. psik macrumors 6502

i also hate to suggest this - someone (maybe you) will execute me, but i use clean my mac, it may help, although i doubt its necessary. avoid mackeeper

6. Ebenezum macrumors 6502a

Impossible to say without further information, it might be bug in El Capitan or it could be some software you have installed.

Run EtreCheck as psik suggested and post results.

7. wvayens macrumors newbie

I can see why we got a fancy new beach ball in El Capitan....we see it all the time now.