Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Did anyone else see this Spanish movie? I saw it last night, and I really, really enjoyed it. :) It was so lush and yet also moving. And the portrayal of the way children think was great.

Synopsis at Apple's Site said:
Award-winning filmmaker Guillermo del Toro delivers a unique, richly imagined epic with PAN’S LABYRINTH, a gothic fairytale set against the postwar repression of Franco’s Spain. Harnessing the formal characteristics of classic folklore to a 20th Century landscape, del Toro delivers a timeless tale of good and evil, bravery and sacrifice, love and loss.

panslabyrinth_l200610171727.jpg

Official Website
On IMDB
Quicktime Trailers
Some reviews

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Oh yeah, I saw it last night. Excellent cinematography and story. I'm glad it was in Spanish too, gave it a real good vibe over English.

jon

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yeah, it's true. I feel that way about a lot of atmospheric foreign movies, ironically, that I like them not being in English sometimes. Not that I ever really like dubs. But I thought much the same when I saw La Cité des Enfants Perdus (The City of the Lost Children) a few years ago. And also when I, ahem, played Panzer Dragoon Saga. :eek:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
It was! Sheerly amazing and satisfying. Although, lol, I sat next to a friend of mine who talks to much. :p After the captain cut himself, she said like fifty times, "Do we have to keep looking at that? That's gross." :eek: She did have a point! :D

2ny, I could imagine how great this would look on DVD. :D And I could see myself watching it a few more times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.