Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After launching Macintosh-themed accessories for the Apple Watch and iPhone, Elago this week followed suit with the AW3 AirPods Case.

elago-airpods.jpg

Similar to the W3 Charging Stand for Apple Watch, the AW3 Case is themed after Apple's original Macintosh computer, complete with "hello" on the monitor.

elago-airpods-3.jpg

The AW3 Case is compatible with all models of the AirPods, has a small cutout to make the front LED visible on the second generation, and fully supports Qi wireless charging.

It's made of an impact-resistant silicone that's flexible, and includes a cutout on the bottom for wired Lightning charging.

elago-airpods-2.jpg

Elago's AW3 AirPods Case is available to purchase now on both the company's website for $13.99, and on Amazon for slightly cheaper at $12.99.

Previous Elago accessories include the W3 Stand for Apple Watch (themed after the Mac), M4 Stand for iPhone (Macintosh), W5 Stand for Apple Watch (Gameboy), and W6 Stand for Apple Watch (iPod).

Article Link: Elago Launches AirPods Case Themed After Original Macintosh

Reactions: Junior117

BigBoy2018

Suspended
Oct 23, 2018
This made me think: For the 40th anniversary of the mac (in 2023), wouldn’t it be great if apple came out with a retina desktop mac with the same form factor as the original mac. Use the extra space that once held the crt display and use it for upgradable options: SSD, ram the whole thing.

I’d buy a few of those ?

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I get that people want to express themselves or have something interesting. It just reminds me of that scene from the movie Office Space where Jennifer Aniston’s manager is talking to her about flair. “You do want to express yourself, don’t you?” Highlights how pointless it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

coldsweat

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Step 1. Collect underpants.
Step 2. Recycle underpants into something that resembles an original mac
Step 3. PROFIT

There you go - I've cracked it!

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I am normally all over Elago's cute toys, but this one looks wrong with single color tone. The screen should be painted with a different color.

My AirPods case requirements:
  • Show charging indicator light: check
  • Wireless charging compatible: check
  • Flap for blocking the Lightning connector: nope
  • Keychain hole: nope

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
I am normally all over Elago's cute toys, but this one looks wrong with single color tone. The screen should be painted with a different color.

My AirPods case requirements:
  • Show charging indicator light: check
  • Wireless charging compatible: check
  • Flap for blocking the Lightning connector: nope
  • Keychain hole: nope

That would require a more complicated production process. $13 is a bit steep, though.

ProVideo

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
This made me think: For the 40th anniversary of the mac (in 2023), wouldn’t it be great if apple came out with a retina desktop mac with the same form factor as the original mac. Use the extra space that once held the crt display and use it for upgradable options: SSD, ram the whole thing.

I’d buy a few of those ?
I would buy it if it could dual boot from Mac OSX to Classic Mac OS, or have a Classic Mac emulator within OSX to run all the old Mac games and Applications.

Considering they just killed off a ton of classic 32 bit Mac OS X applications with Catalina, I'm not getting my hopes up on that one though.

Reactions: BigBoy2018

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I’d buy a few of those ?

Um you thought of that after seeing the TAM (20TH Anniversary being the precursor to the current iMac)?

Marcus PM

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
Cute idea but misleading title, story and ad. This is not an AirPods case. It's a cover for the AirPods case. Very different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.