Elago Outfit Matrix (6+)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by xfusejc, Oct 27, 2014.

1. xfusejc macrumors 6502

I don't see many comments about the Elago cases around these parts, but it was the definitive case for my 5S and it's looking that way for my 6+. I have bought a lot of cases. More than I should have, to be honest, but it's one thing that drives me kinda crazy, finding the right one.

I kept waiting for Elago to announce their line-up for the 6+ and they finally did. This went on preorder on Friday, and I got it today (expedited shipping). It's everything I could have hoped for, and I think this is finally "it".

It's a polycarbonate case, but the materials are sturdy and the back is great with the texture they give it of brushed aluminum.

All in all, couldn't be happier.

For those interested.

Attached Files:

2. Ringside macrumors regular

Ringside

3. xfusejc, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014

xfusejc thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Ringside macrumors regular

Ringside

Oh yeah, no 6+. Agreed on the branding, more subtle on yours. I always thought these cases looked cool.

5. xfusejc thread starter macrumors 6502

People complain about the Apple cases and a lot of cases having the bottom exposed, but I really like the fact that both top and bottom of this case are exposed. And there's the edges of the case, which aren't the traditional rubber edges that turn inward and cover the bezel on the sides of the phone. They go up and out on this case.

I really like the look.

6. wxman2003 Suspended

7. xfusejc thread starter macrumors 6502

I've had it all day. Same bars and signal I've getting at home and around the city.

8. wxman2003 Suspended

Thanks!

9. Daniel L macrumors 6502

Have you tried Apple Pay with the case? Is the aluminum cold to the touch?

10. 11bE5 macrumors 6502

11bE5

I had this for my iPhone 5\5s and I loved it the aluminum eventually stated to come away from the case the adhesive on the corners holding the aluminum piece down just want doing or anymore

11. xfusejc thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple Pay works, no problem. Only tried it once (McDonalds) but it worked without a hitch.

I didn't have it long enough on my 5S to see how it would progress (bought it on a whim about 4 months before the 6+ came out) but it was great for those months.

12. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I loved this case for my 5. I went through 2 of them because the corners chipped from a couple of small drops, but the phone was safe (save for an accident on the school track while running with my athletes, but the tiny hairline crack would have been a completely shattered screen without the case). This is my top choice so far for my new 6, but I can't decide if I'll need a little bit more protection or not.