elago S5 Flex

justinf77

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2003
I haven't seen the elago S5 Flex mentioned much on this forum.

Has anybody tried it? Looks really nice, has a lip to protect the screen, and based on other elago reviews I've read, I bet the fit would be good.

I have a Pixelskin HD for my iPhone 5 that I'm not thrilled with because of a loose fit. I ordered an elago Slim Fit to replace it, but now I'm thinking I should have gone with the Flex (more similar to Pixelskin HD).

http://elagostore.com/elago-S5-Flex-Case-for-New/M/B009C5NX80.htm

TahoeBlue

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2012
I just got the elago S5 Slim Fit 2 in white and the glossy surface is so slick, I went ahead and ordered the Flex to see if it has a better grip.

TahoeBlue

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2012
Uh oh... I ordered from Amazon and now reviews are popping up that the Flex power button is misaligned.

I guess I will see on Thursday.

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL
I think he's talking about this review:

http://www.amazon.com/elago-Flex-Case-Apple-iPhone/product-reviews/B009C4NID6/ref=sr_1_7_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Hopefully elago corrects this mistake quickly if it's a widespread issue.

TahoeBlue, did you contact elago about the review? May want to do that and see what they say. And then of course report back :)
Ah ok, under the black one there are no reviews. I would have thought all reviews would be linked between all the colors.

TahoeBlue

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2012
They haven't shipped the order yet, so I have a weird feeling they know about it. I don't want to complain until I actually have it in my hands. So as soon as I have it, I will let you all know if it is misaligned. :)

TahoeBlue

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2012
Got it. The power button isn't misaligned.

Initial impressions: I really like the bezel protection and the material. Tight but not too tight fit.

Only cons is the vibrate switch is a little too recessed and haven't tried with L shaped earphone plug yet. The volume button covers feel a bit strange to me.

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL

Initial impressions: I really like the bezel protection and the material. Tight but not too tight fit.

Only cons is the vibrate switch is a little too recessed and haven't tried with L shaped earphone plug yet. The volume button covers feel a bit strange to me.
Can you post some pics? Thanks.

kamek

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2008

Does it feel bulky at all? This is the case I'm most interested in, but the Elago Slim Fit 2 is a close runner up.

lokey

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2003
Got my S2 Flex for the iPhone 5 today from Elago. I'm not usually a fan of the soft cases but this one is pretty good. Feel like it gives great protection and it feels more like a hard case then the other soft cases I've tried. Not bad. I'd recommend it.

Pics...

Attachments

s2smooth4u

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
Holy crap, it's only $9 on Amazon. I'd like to see some pics of the black one, if anyone has it.
mine comes tomorrow or the day after. I'll post pics so you can see it.

----------

Got my S2 Flex for the iPhone 5 today from Elago. I'm not usually a fan of the soft cases but this one is pretty good. Feel like it gives great protection and it feels more like a hard case then the other soft cases I've tried. Not bad. I'd recommend it.

Pics...
Is this case easy to put on and take off?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
i just got my Elago S5 Slim. its the dark grey one off amazon thats hard, not a soft or rubberized one. i LOVE these cases, had one on my iphone 4. fit is perfect, tight and adds some rigidity to the phone that i wanted.

lokey

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2003
Is this case easy to put on and take off?
It was easy to put on. Haven't taken it off. I remember the flexible cases like this from the original iPhone days, and this is much more solid and sturdy. Very happy with it.

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
Dont have any pictures, but I got TWO of the yellow ones.

Both are still plagued with misalignment. I couldnt get the power button to click after I got the first one.

Customer service is great and responsive within 24 hours, and agreed to send me a new one. Same issue as before after I received the replacement.

I even tried on another iphone5, just in case my phone is the "defective" party. Same conclusion, it is the case that's causing the problem.

Glad for those of you whom received the updated version.....

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
For those who received theirs, how is the texture? is it more rubbery/silicone? or is it like a harder TPU type?

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
I had gotten the rose one for my wife for her white iPhone 5 and it's really nice feeling on the hand..I want to get one but I don't know what color to get for my white iPhone 5.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
For those who received theirs, how is the texture? is it more rubbery/silicone? or is it like a harder TPU type?
It feels kind of like a cross between TPU and a "soft-touch" hard case. Very easy to put on and take off, and feels substantial without being too bulky. I have 2 of 'em--the lovely pink and the one that's kind of a Tiffany blue color. Both are gorgeous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.