Elago S5 Series (Slim Fit)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by D.T., Dec 19, 2012.

1. D.T., Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Howdy Folks!

I was a big fan of the Elago products (designed in California, like another favorite product :) ) we used on our 4/4S, so I figured I'd give the iPhone 5 product a try.

For the 4, we used the Slider case. Both were the soft touch finish, they have bottom caps that can be mixed, wrapped around the front to provide "glass down" protection, had really accurate cutouts (though the headphone jack requires some phones to use an extension or be trimmed down).

For the iPhone 5, the Slim Fit does provide a tiny amount (0.5mm) of front wrap around, and barely adds any bulks to the phone. It also has completely open top and button cutouts so no headphone cables should be an issue, and all lightening port adapters should work!

I picked up soft touch versions again: Indigo blue for my white phone, red/rose for the wife's black phone. Both have a really wide camera/flash cutout to prevent any reflection issues with the flash, and have an Apple logo cutout ... well, just because it looks pretty cool :D They provide a small, circular logo protection film.

Cut to the chase: seems perfect for what I wanted. Minimal bulk, rear/side scratch protection, better grip, some display down defense, full access to all OEM ports/switches.

About $10 from Amazon (+- $2 depending on color).

I've also got some Skinomi front protectors coming ... I generally haven't use anything on the front since most products I've tried create a different "feel", and aren't 100% clear, but I heard good things about them, and they were only ~$6 each.

Some pics:

Wife's red S5 case still in the packaging

[​IMG]

Front shot, my white iP5, S5 installed

[​IMG]

Rear shot, Indigo blue + iPhone 5 white

[​IMG]

Bottom view, open cutout so no obstruction of lightening port or speaker

[​IMG]

UPDATE

Some pics of the Rose soft touch installed on the wife's phone (32GB/black)

[​IMG]

Rear

[​IMG]

Top of white and black with S5 installed

[​IMG]

2. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

I too am a huge fan of elago. They make a great case product, especially if you like a slim case.

3. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

I purchased the same case in blue for my white iPhone. It's really great, and it seems it's actually colored plastic, instead of white plastic that has been painted like the Ringke Slimfit cases.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i have the S5 and the Outfit. i also love elago cases.

5. Ring Leader macrumors newbie

the elago slim was my FAVORITE case for my iPhone 4. I've switched to different cases for my iPhone 5 but after seeing the Elago Outfit I might have to go back hahaha

6. Ann P macrumors 68020

7. ip4 macrumors newbie

ip4

The elago slim fit 2 doesn't have an apple logo, so maybe you would like that one better.

8. vietalogy macrumors 6502

Just ordered the slim fit 2 hopefully I like the slim case been using speck candyshell.

9. dawgfan macrumors 6502

dawgfan

I just received the S5 as a temporary until Magpul comes out with one for the 5. I really like it due to slim fit and good grip material.

10. El Jefe macrumors member

I've had three of their slim cases. Really like them.