Elago S6 Slimfit2 mini review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bobright, Sep 24, 2014.

1. bobright, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

bobright macrumors 601

I finally got my case in the mail today and it exceeded my expectations. It's nice and sturdy and fits like a glove. It's about as minimal of a case that you can get while offering decent protection. It does have an open bottom and top, I thought I took a picture of it I'll add one later. That's probably the only negative thing about it but the corners are well covered. It kind of reminds me of the Apple leather case only plastic and with a smaller lip. I'll be alternating between this and maybe the official leather case if I get one but honestly am in no rush. I would recommend it for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fessura macrumors member

nice. thanks bobright.

That was the only case I found that's nice, minimal, elegant, and comes in a color I like. So seems there's no issues with the off by "1/32" of an inch vertical fit that would make the iPhone slip up and down? How's the feel? I wasn't sure if Polyurethane was nice and grippy and a bit soft.

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

No way it fits really snug once it pops in its not going anywhere. The material is similar to their old cases even though they say it's softer it isn't by much. It's your basic hard case it won't grip like a silicone/rubber case will but it feels good in my hand.

4. SWD macrumors member

Thanks. I've found 8 similar cases and was wondering how this one compared.

5. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

No prob

6. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

That's a good looking case! I like the white back with Gold buttons! Hate the white lines around the camera though... but that's the iPhone not the case.

7. fessura macrumors member

Thanks for all the info bobright. I really liked the royal blue. It's different enough while quite nice. I wasn't sure if it was a hard case and that helps a lot. I don't necessarily need something as grippy as silicone but would prefer something in between. I had a similar design (Incipio Feather) but I didn't like any of the new colors for the 6.

There's another similar design, the Terrapin Extra Slim Fit that's rubberized and I might try that out, or maybe I'll get both; I still like the royal blue quite a lot and no other case has something similar in a simple design.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L0RM3MK

8. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Welcome yea would be nice if it were a smaller cutout the white/lighter colors would probably interfere with the camera though

It does look like those cases and the Terrapin's a little cheaper. If you do get an Elago don't forget the eco packaging can save you some bucks if you don't care about the box or protector that's what I got. I went with them as I'm familiar with their cases had a couple on my 5 that are still going

9. fessura macrumors member

Indeed I have the case with eco packaging in my Amazon cart; was just deciding if the hard finish is worth it. :)

10. lemoncola macrumors newbie

OP,

Have you used Incipio Feather? Im debating between these two cases. I like the bit of rubbery feel on the Feather. I like the gold colour on the Elago. Is both the cases similar?

Thanks

11. fessura macrumors member

I have the Incipio Feather for my iPhone 5 and it's a bit soft, not too bad though sometimes I'd like it to be a bit more grippy. From what I can tell, the Elago S6 is merely a hard case without that feel.

12. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I love these cases, I had them for my iPhone 5. I brought two for my 6, I just wish they make the case where you can see the apple.

13. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Sorry I dont have a Feather actually wanted to get a look at the Blue one for the 6 have not seen one
    Agreed that and if it just covered the top it'd be the perfect case to me. The thing that I love most about it though is it's so slim that the camera just barely doesn't protrude. Any thinner and the camera would be scraping on a table....any bigger and it'd just be bulky. I love my Slimfit2.