electricity on aluminium enclosure?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kangping, Oct 18, 2010.

1. kangping macrumors member

hi again :D

i have an issue with electricity running through my mbp. i relocated to china some weeks ago and all of it started here. its not enough to really heart me or anything, but still quite annoying… sometimes it just feels like a soft vibration going through my book.
    the voltage is the same as in europe as far as i know, and the plug fits mechanically. is this a case for apple care?

its a mbp i7. thanks in advance.

dave

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Are you using the three pronged Magsafe connector or the two pronged one? Try using the three pronged one, it has a grounded connection. If you are using the three pronged one, then the outlet you are using my not be properly grounded.

3. Kenndac macrumors 6502

Kenndac

Your computer isn't grounded. Make sure you're connecting to a grounded outlet through an adapter and cable that supports grounding.

4. chaostik macrumors newbie

I experienced this issue even with a three prong plug in the British Isles ... turned out that it was a mobile phone charger plugged into the socket immediately adjacent to the brick part of the MBP charger. I'm not an electrician, but I suppose that two transformers right next to each other is not a good thing (TM). I fixed it by just using the extender cable instead of the plug straight into the brick so that I could position the MBP brick part well away from any other electrical transformers.

HTH,

L

5. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

Boy, if I had a nickel for every time this topic comes up...

6. Hisdem macrumors 6502a

Hisdem

Yeah that happened to me when I had the charger connected directly at the power outlet. Now that I have it hooked up to an extender it's just fine.