Electricity through my MBP body..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Amerabian, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Amerabian macrumors regular

I'm not sure if this is related to the problem I posted about previously.

I think there is electricity running through the body of my MBP.

I can feel it most when I move my hand over the body, the electrical vibrations are very uncomfortable.

I'm still under warranty but I'm currently in the Middle East where there are no Apple stores. So I'm gonna have to either check if I can mail it in to Apple, or wait until I travel back to the US.

What could be causing this? :confused:

2. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Not using a grounded power adaptor is the cause, it's usual.

It's the difference between machines floating ground and your own ground level.

3. randomrazr macrumors 65816

did u seriously not even bother looking this up when its already been answered?

just use the dam extra cord with the third prong and it will fix that issue if it bothers you

4. burtjr macrumors newbie

Is this response necessary? It is not helping the OP with the issue. Get off the horse and help or if your upset with the question because it has been asked before ignore the thread and move on to the next one.

OP, give feedback if the suggestion above does not solve your issue.

5. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

If the op can't ask a question what is the point of forums?

6. randomrazr macrumors 65816

like i said its already been asked and answered. just saying your free to ask questions, but, common questions like this, easy to find. why clog up more of these same questions that have already been answered

7. Amerabian thread starter macrumors regular

Nobody here understand why you're so mad about this.

If moderators do not delete the 'thousands of posts' discussing similar problems then why is this one post bothering you? ~I know why ;)

To convey the message all you'd needed to do is paste a link a previous thread discussing the issue.

---

The problem has been fixed. Thanks to all of you who responded with helpful advice.

8. burtjr macrumors newbie

The search feature is there yes, but there are many reasons not to use it.

1. Most search features on forums suck, giving you thousands of irrelevant posts.
    2. The poster may only have a few minutes to make a post before he/she needs to get on with their lives.
    3. Not every problem is the same. How many times have you went in to trouble-shooting something and actually were able to use the trouble-shooting chart.
    There are many more reasons I can think of, but it really doesn't matter give the courtesy and respect that you would expect if you needed help.

----------

Glad to here!

9. JabbaII macrumors regular

Do you also feel the electricity when you are on battery only?