Electrocuted By iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bucksatan731, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bucksatan731 macrumors member

I just purchased an iPhone and was watching a recent episode of Diggnation in which Kevin Rose comments about the fact that his iPhone was plugged in and he was listening to music with the headphones and he received a substantial shock through the headphones. Anyone else have this happen? Or is it just that Kevin Rose is really a robot and needs to go in for maintenance?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

There were some...

earlier posts regarding electrocution, but I'm definitely against "The Death Penalty!" LOL :cool:

3. bamaworks macrumors 6502

should be "Shocked by iPhone", electrocution requires death of the recipient.

4. bennypod macrumors member

5. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

the headphones aren't perfectly insulated. if you're rubbing against something and conducting static electricity, it'll transfer to the metal in the wire/earbuds and give you a zap. happened with my old 4g ipod all the time in the winter/when in bed with flannel sheets/fleece jacket.

6. diehldun macrumors 6502a

I was mildly "electrocuted" by my MBP earlier this morning upon touching. :D

7. Kane266 macrumors newbie

I've experienced electrocution on my MacBook Pro as well...

Obviously not a big deal since it feels like static electricity is any way to stop it though?

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

If it electrocuted you, you'd be dead. It shocked you.