Electrocuted By iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bucksatan731, Feb 24, 2008.

  1. bucksatan731 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2006
    #1
    I just purchased an iPhone and was watching a recent episode of Diggnation in which Kevin Rose comments about the fact that his iPhone was plugged in and he was listening to music with the headphones and he received a substantial shock through the headphones. Anyone else have this happen? Or is it just that Kevin Rose is really a robot and needs to go in for maintenance?
     
  2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

    SFStateStudent

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2007
    Location:
    San Francisco California, USA
    #2
    There were some...

    earlier posts regarding electrocution, but I'm definitely against "The Death Penalty!" LOL :cool:
     
  3. bamaworks macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2007
    Location:
    Lexington, KY
    #3
    should be "Shocked by iPhone", electrocution requires death of the recipient.
     
  4. bennypod macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2007
  5. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    #5
    the headphones aren't perfectly insulated. if you're rubbing against something and conducting static electricity, it'll transfer to the metal in the wire/earbuds and give you a zap. happened with my old 4g ipod all the time in the winter/when in bed with flannel sheets/fleece jacket.
     
  6. diehldun macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2003
    #6
    I was mildly "electrocuted" by my MBP earlier this morning upon touching. :D
     
  7. Kane266 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2008
    #7
    I've experienced electrocution on my MacBook Pro as well...

    Obviously not a big deal since it feels like static electricity is any way to stop it though?
     
  8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

    Ivan P

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    Location:
    Home
    #8

    If it electrocuted you, you'd be dead. It shocked you.
     

Share This Page