electronicmac.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by js81, Apr 4, 2010.

1. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Has any one ever used www.electronicmac.com? I may need to replace the screen in my 24" iMac I just bought and I found it there for a better price than anyone else.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

considering that the web site provides no address and no information about the company, I would avoid them. The web site looks like it was done by amateurs. furthermore their icons for paypal/amex are just images, not the proper link.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Always do a thorough search (epinions and the like) anytime you find a super-low price.

4. robodude666 macrumors member

They aren't on ResellerRatings or the BBB... I'd personally avoid them.

5. js81 thread starter macrumors 65816

js81

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. They list a phone number only, and an 800 number at that. Its only like $20 cheaper than the prices I'm finding on eBay, and with eBay I get buyer protection and feedback to show (at least some) credibility.

6. js81 thread starter macrumors 65816

js81

That sounds more like burn-in than anything. Apple recommends (sorry, don't have the link handy) that you create a solid white background in an imaging software (Photoshop, GIMP, etc.) and set it as your screen saver. Disable all energy saver stuff and leave it on for a few hours on the solid white screen. That should cure any burn-in issue.

EDIT: Found it! http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2807?viewlocale=en_US