Element 40" LED TV for $340 at Target...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Apr 29, 2012.

1. ravenvii, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

2. Hastings101 macrumors 68020

Hastings101

If I was in your situation I'd go buy it. I don't have any experience with the brand but according to some quick glances at Google search results they're ok. I think you're pretty safe anyway, I've never had a television that didn't make it at least a year and I tend to buy them as cheap as I can get them :eek:

3. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Actually saw this in the paper ads this morning. I guess they're made in Michigan. I'm sure not with the best components but I'm sure it would do the job for you. Let us know how it is if you grab one.

4. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

If you're looking for something to last you a few years and are currently using an old TV, I don't see why not. Be sure to get HD channels though, standard definition looks terrible on a 1080p display.

5. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I say go for it. I bought the cheapest LCD TV I could find a few years ago and I've been very happy with it. Even comparing it to higher-end sets that other people own, I can't see the sense in spending 2-3X as much. The picture on a very high-end set is not imo 2-3X as good (or at least, my eyes can't discerne that level of difference).

6. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

7. katt macrumors member

katt

good deal! if i were you i'll go check it out and buy it. it's time to replace your tv to a good and huge one. if i'm not only in HK right now, i would also buy it :D