Element Black ops case iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bmac4, Dec 13, 2016.

1. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Anyone get the black ops case from Element? I just got mine in the mail yesterday. It's a pretty cool case, and really protective. It's also my first Element case. Seems they are pretty solid. If you do have it, or have had them before. What are you thoughts? I am still working on mine.

2. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

ordered the regular sector since i dont like all black cases. Ive had there sector line since the iphone 5s and love them! kinda sad they went with a bulky design compared to the iphone 6 sector pro tho :/

3. jshtroutman macrumors regular

jshtroutman

Is the pocket clip removable? I'm interested in this case but don't need that pocket clip.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 13, 2016 ---
    Also I would love to see some pics!

4. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah they are rather bulking, but the materials are some of the best I have seen in a case. They are beautiful cases.

The one thing I can't figure out, is the carry case thing it came with. I have no idea how you are suppose to put the phone in it. It has the strings tied, but I am afraid to untie them if that not what I am suppose to do. It looks really good though.

5. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yep it's completely removable. I did not want it either, so that was the first thing I did. It can be put at the top or bottom, or taken off completely.

6. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

7. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Alright here are some pics. I am at work and my iPhone is the only good camera I have, so I am sorry these imagines look like junk. I took them with my work surface pro.

The last phone is of the case that I can't really figure if I am sure to untie or not.

Also all photos are without the belt hook being on. I do not use it at all. Let me know if you want more pictures.

Attached Files:

8. jshtroutman macrumors regular

jshtroutman

That thing looks beastly. Really nice! Im sure it will protect your phone really well and actually look good doing it. I don't suppose there is an opening in the top of the case. I see the straps snap at the bottom. Its woven like molly webbing on tactical vests.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 13, 2016 ---
    after studding the pics and the online pics from the element website I cant figure out how that case works either. Maybe somone will chime in but I have a feeling very few actually own this case right now.

9. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah I am loving it. It a beast of a case, but it's awesome! Already had 4 people complement it, and I got it yesterday afternoon.

As for the holster, yeah I don't understand. It would make sense if those snap on straps covered the top, but they don't. It's those nylon strings that are tied. I wrote on facebook asking so we will see.

10. tom4616 macrumors newbie

tom4616

can you check your case the back piece is flush even with the frame , mine back piece is raise higher

11. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Are you talking about the woven glass material on the back? It's raised on mine, and I believe it's suppose to be.

12. tom4616 macrumors newbie

tom4616

yes, I thought mine was defected do you have hard time to remove the top and bottom crowns some time

13. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

I have not tried to remove them since I got the case, so I am not sure. I kind of hope they are hard because then it means if it drops, they want pop off and break.

Have you used the holster that it comes with? I can't figure out how you are suppose to use it with your phone.

14. tom4616 macrumors newbie

tom4616

no, I have not I don't plan to use it any I put the phone in my pocket, I plan to buy another the one if they come out more colors on regular sector

15. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah I don't plan to use mine much either, but I does look pretty cool. What other color are you looking for?

16. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Nice, is the interior that touches the back of the phone a soft rubber/silicone or a harder material?

Is it worth a deuce?

17. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Can't remember about the inside, but it's a really nice case. The nice metals and plastics are great quality. I don't know about $200, but it one of the best cases I have ever used.

18. tom4616 macrumors newbie

tom4616

the three colors they have now the black is the best since I have black ops already be be the silver and black crowns

19. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah, I just don't want to spend another $150 on them.

20. tom4616 macrumors newbie

tom4616

yes I agreed

21. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

I think the all black with red buttons are the best looking. I think it looks amazing.

22. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

So I just emailed Element, and they said pull the strings to one side and slide the case in. Will try it out later.

23. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Any chance we can get some better pictures? Thanks.

24. maximumsportz, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016

maximumsportz macrumors regular

Interested in this case just a few questions before I pull the trigger. How does it hold up to scratches and scuffs on the metal parts or plastic??

Do you find the crown ends easy to come loose over time if you take the case on and off ? That part has me iffy. I feel like since it just snaps in that can come loose? Can someone reassure me please.

Someone needs to make a review video!

Thanks

25. erijan macrumors newbie

hello everyone)
    FullSizeRender.jpg yesterday i get mine black ops. it looks extremally pefrect, and give a good defefend but i cant unstd what is shaking inside everytime i rotate it . the sound is really terrible. first i think that it was buttons because elementcase use new tecnhnology , when i hold them together the sound wont stop . it sound like smth is not tightened inside. do somebody have same issues?