element case cable solution????

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Epicsack, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Epicsack macrumors newbie

has anyone found a solution for docking with an ihome radio? I used a dremel to grind down the plastic on my car connector and got that working well but the ihome is driving me nuts. On ebay there are a lot of female ipod to male ipod but they all look thick.

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Mill down the bottom of the case :)

3. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Forget it. The Element is NOT worth it. Sell it on Ebay. So you are going to file down all your cable connectors just for a case? I have a car integration kit and ihome and neither the Element nor the Apple Bumper fit. Needless to say, I dumped the Vapor and relegated the Bumper to the desk drawer.

4. wattsja macrumors regular

5. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

the slim version is just male dock connector and female dock port wired together and covered in shrink tubing...man, thats some cheap arse product at least make a plastic housing for it!

6. wattsja macrumors regular

adding a plastic housing would add bulk. The way it stands, it will fit any and ALL case/cable combos .. no questions asked.

(I do agree however, it does appear cheap .. but it serves a purpose)

7. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

yea, certainly...but dont charge a buck extra for it for crying out loud...its the same thing as their current product except the lose the housing and just take a 2cent piece of heat shrink tube to it.

side note, I basically did this same thing lastnight to my 5ft dollar store cable