Element Case for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Markiie, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

So I went on their site and looks like the only case they have is the sector. Do they plan on making others too? Has anyone heard of anything?

2. WJKramer macrumors 6502

3. tsboy69 macrumors regular

My guess is that they will. It's a huge opportunity for guys like this. Sooooo many new iPhone5's will be out there.

I'm waiting for these guys and for Atomic Iphone case to show their hand....

4. Markiie thread starter macrumors 6502

Markiie

Yea seriously ive yet to see anything and Im ready to buy a case.

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Of course they'll make more, look at all the options for the 4/4s. It will take time though.

6. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

I'm sure element has something going as we speak. As far as atomic, give it about two weeks after the elements are announced because all they do is copy their designs anyhow.

7. luke707 macrumors member

Newbie to these cases, but do they still have the signal killing problem or was that just with the iPhone 4?

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I emailed their customer service to see if they'd have the Vapor Comp &/or Pro for the iPhone 5 and she said that she had no idea. Not exactly helpful, but I'd be surprised if they don't. I really hope they do. Since I got my first one (Vapor Comp Epiphany) several months ago, I've gotten several more and have used nothing else (and I am a total case whore who switches them up constantly.) I just use 'em with a skin on the back and my phone is still in pristine condition.

Oh, and no signal issues with either the Comp or the Pro. Never a waver.

9. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

That issues resided with the Vapor4. With the release of the Vapor Pro, Comp, Ion etc, that issue is no longer existent. :)

10. luke707 macrumors member

Ah okay. Thanks :)

Why is that? Was it a specific design of the case that made it an issue?

11. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Yup, pretty much. The Vapor4 was a bumper that was fully aluminum, giving the antennae essentially absolutely very little breathing room to perform their tasks. Sure it looked aesthetically pleasing but the signal degradation was horrific.

That being said, ElementCase noticed the issue and redesigned their cases to alleviate the issues and now they're nonexistent.

The only issue ElementCase still has with their cases is their price (imo). Sure they're nothing short of awesome, but it is somewhat difficult to justify such an exuberant price tag for almost anything less than "I like it and I want it". Needless to say, I will be getting an ElementCase when they are offered for the iPhone 5 :)