Element Case Sector 5 Black Ops Elite

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sora, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Sora macrumors 6502

Sora

Did anyone else just get the email for these?
    I think they look pretty sweet.

2. iamartimus macrumors 6502

I saw it on Facebook today. They look sweet and rugged. Didn't dig any deeper to see what the price is because their stuff is way to expensive for me and I don't plan on getting one.

3. blkonblk17 macrumors 6502

4. jayrflow macrumors 6502

Yea the price is really ridiculous. I don't care if you can afford it. Paying for a case that's costs as much as a 16GB iPhone 5 on a 2 year contract is just crazy

5. brudog68 macrumors 6502

Looks great...I just don't get marketing a "black ops" rugged themed case when there's no protection for the screen if dropped...kinda like a soccer mom driving a Hummer...

6. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

Fixed that for you.

7. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

Eh, different strokes for different folks. People would say I'm crazy for spending $800 bucks on a camera lens. Some would say I'm nuts because my scuba gear racks up thousand dollar bills as well...

But hey, if you're a "case enthusiast" and this is your thing, more power to you. I wouldn't spend that on a case myself, but I find other things that people might say are crazy to spend my money on (I've made similar comments to people who spend multiple thousands of dollars on golf clubs)

8. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Insane pricing aside, if the backplate/clip would have been held on by something a little stronger than a sticker then I could get on board witth this case.

I find it amusing the clip is bolted on the backplate yet the backplate attaches to the phone with what boils down to be a sticker. Yeah, I want my phone dangling off my belt/pants being held onto by a cheap sticker.

The Sector case is pretty bland at this point but those back plates do look cool. I like that holster though. I may order one by itself since it is only $20.

9. Partridge macrumors 6502

I'm quite sure that the clip is meant to hold the phone inside your pocket. It's the same clip used on some custom knives, so it's clearly the same idea of holding ready at the top of your pocket like a folding knife, as seen in their photos. They don't intend for you to wear it on your hip with the clip, that's what the included holster is for. I'd no sooner trust that clip on my hip than I'd clip my knife to my belt instead of using a sheath.

10. ngocnguyen macrumors member

lookie what I found...looks like Element is using the same clip used on this Hogue knife. That's pretty bad a$$...the knife retails at just under $250 (Hogue/Elishewitz design)

If the clip is good enough for an Elishewitz/Hogue knife, it's gotta be good enough for an iPhone backing made of the same material G10.

BTW...I too would never use the clip to mount directly to a belt..instead, like I wear my pocket knives, inside the pocket with the clip on outside...(pic not of me)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Partridge macrumors 6502

Yes, it's Elishewitz that uses that clip, and Hogue makes his production line, so it makes sense they'd use the same clip design for this.

As I said, it's clearly meant to be worn like a pocket knife, in which case the adhesive really shouldn't be an issue. You'd have to be pretty stupid to consider wearing your phone on your belt with the screen facing out anyway.

I just think that the clip is in an odd spot as it leaves a fair amount of the phone sticking out. I'd buy it or the g10grips if they offer it separately, but I'm not going out of my way.

12. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

Here is a LINK for those who are wondering what a $220 case looks like.

It looks really good to me, but it appears that element just continues to out do themselves and people continue to support their outrageous prices.

13. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Yeah I'll wait for caseswill.com to get them before I buy. Just bought the Ronin and am waiting for it to arrive. Surprised it took 12 posts for someone to link to the damn case. OP, you ask about something link to it ffs.

14. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

15. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

16. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

17. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

You're right. :) I was thinking the Black Ops, not Elite Ops. Sorry!

18. Partridge macrumors 6502

I picked up one of these used on eBay.

Just for reference, the black color on these is different from the one on the regular blackops case. It's more of a very dark matte grayish black. More of a matte finish than the regular one which is a smoother deeper black. Hard to describe, but it is definitely different.