Element Case Vapor 4 fitting problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by akcasoy, May 5, 2011.

1. akcasoy macrumors member

Hey guys,

today i received my vapor 4 case, but I have a little problem.
    The parts of the case, where the red and black parts come together, does not fit the phone perfectly.. I can still see the gray edges of the phone a bit (1-2mm). Just under the power button is the exact location. Anyone having also this issue?

this pic will summarize the situation i think.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/vapord.jpg/

(btw, I have fastened the case very good.. it is not because the screws are not in place.)

In youtube in some videos I have watched, I have also realized that, that part under the power button, seems a bit above and so it is possible to see the gray edges of the phone.

I dont know if this is the case for most of the people who are using this case? I have bought that from ebay, and the seller told me now that it can also be a Chinese version, that's why it does not fit perfectly.. I may send the case back. That's why I want to be sure if the case really have a problem.

Thank you in advance,

2. JohnWinsome macrumors newbie

I was curious if your headphones fit in the top? I have a vapor case and it fits just fine but the top cut out seems like is not meant for anything but the original headphones. So everything is screwed in and there is just a gap? Maybe u got a bad batch or something

3. akcasoy thread starter macrumors member

my sennheiser headphones fit the top. but again, the headphone hole of the phone is also not %100 in the middle of the case's hole. but it fits somehow..

4. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

You are supposed to the antenna when the Vapor is installed. The actual case only touches the phone at the points where the foam padding is. These pads are located on the corners and one on each side. If there is no padding it is a fake.

As for the alignment, it takes a little bit work, but if it is an official Element case, It will line up. You should screw one of the screws in like halfway. Then move to the other set and put one of those in halfway. Then do the other 2 all the way, but not too tight as over tightening will cause the case to become misaligned as well. Once those 2 are secured, secure the other 2 and you should be good to go.