Element Case Vapor Comp iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blkonblk17, Oct 19, 2011.

1. blkonblk17 macrumors 6502

Just picked this up at best buy. Looks and feels great.

Here's some pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. buddybd macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ya I got one too though the included screen protector is of poor quality.

I'm getting an invisible shield as well and won't be using the suede backplate I got with this Vapor

3. Type X macrumors regular

OP can you post the SKU from your receipt?
    I'd like to check if my store has that in stock

Thx

4. blkonblk17 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool deal, I never ended up using the supplied screen protector. I ended up going to invisible shield route. Also, I am not u using the suede backplate.

----------

Sure, First is the sku on the box, second is receipt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Type X macrumors regular

Appreciated!
    Gonna hit them up now! Odd online they don't list element cases.

6. blkonblk17 thread starter macrumors 6502

No problem, Yea I've never seen them on their site but they do carry them at the store..good luck

7. Type X macrumors regular

Just got off the phone with the rep, she had a different model number and it was 79.99 but she said it could just be the color combo.

So going to check out which ones they had

Thanks again!

8. sick z33 macrumors 6502

Good luck with the case not pressing the power/sleep button when installed.

9. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

i had that problem pretty bad. easy fix though.

just peel off the "foam padding" attached to the VAPOR's lock button. then put it back in the case (you will have to handle it "in place" during install)

if you want to put some sort of barrier between metal to metal (vapor's lock button touching iphone's lock button) just glue a tiny piece of saran wrap ( or anything thin will do)

and it works fine. you might hear a slight rattle from the vapor's lock button after that, but it works perfectly

10. buddybd macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Howuch did yours cost? Mine was from eBay, 99usd free shipping.

And I had no issues with installation.

11. iToNe24 macrumors regular

79.99 from bestbuy

12. blkonblk17 thread starter macrumors 6502

It was $79.99 but had a 20% coupon so it came out to $64, I didn't have any issues with installation as well..

----------

It happen the first time I tightened the case but then I removed all screws and reattached making sure everything was seating properly and it has been working great with no further issues.

13. buddybd macrumors 6502

Crap paid 20usd more :( can't get to bestbuy though, no time :p

You guys facing any signal issues? I'm new to Verizon so I don't know how their coverage is. But so far I've had no dropped calls or anything. Since the left side plastic and not aluminum, I'm assuming the antenna's should not be affected?

14. davey0 macrumors member

I'm having wifi issues and the 3g signal strength is a little weaker on my 4s. I'm replacing the comp case with the graft concepts one.

It should be noted that I am in an area of the building with weak wifi and 3g, but I used to get a signal with my old iPhone 3g.

15. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

Ok going to sound stupid but, what do these things feel like? I just got one and I'm wondering why I paid so much. Feels really cheap. I ordered from Techcases, they are listed on element case's website as a seller but kind of doubting the product.

16. buddybd macrumors 6502

I wouldn't say it feels cheap. It's exactly what i expected it to be. The videos on the sites makes it out to be the best thing in tye world and I guess thats why you're disappointed.

Full aluminum should feel way better but then again they should be more prone to signal issues. I've always had full network and wifi in my apartment and it's still the same.

17. Gonz19 macrumors regular

What Best Buys did you find them in? City, state? Checked here in Houston and they don't even show that they sell them. Number is in the system but not sold here.

18. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Wow if I had known that Best Buy carried this, I would have gone to Best Buy and bought one but I bought my Vapor Comp from www.elementcase.com, chose overnight shipping, and it already shipped out so I'll be getting mine tomorrow.

----------

I think you have to go directly to BB and get it from there, as it doesn't show up on bestbuy.com

19. BrianSoCal macrumors regular

Same thing here in Southern California, the guy showed me the screen, not a single one anywhere.

20. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

21. jwilcox09 macrumors member

jwilcox09

OP. Have you noticed any difference in wifi, cell, or GPS data/performance?

22. blkonblk17 thread starter macrumors 6502

None, I previously owned the Vapor 4 and was having lots of problems with GPS as it just wouldn't connect at all. It looked nice but that's about it. I must admit with the Vapor Comp everything works perfect for me. I get 4-5 bars depending where I am, wifi, cell, and everything else also works great. Overall, I'm happy with case.

23. jwilcox09 macrumors member

jwilcox09

Sweet, thanks for the response, thats good to know, because they are pretty slick looking.

24. RA19 macrumors regular

Is the Comp version available from China yet? alibaba??

25. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Not a problem with my case. Got a blue/clear combo from my local Best Buy and the minute I installed it I realized why it was worth springing for the real one.

Actually i couldn't believe BB carries em. I actually emailed Element support confirming the authenticity. They confirmed that BB is getting these comp cases as an exclusive. A little bit jealous they carried the black :) but I'm happy with the blue.