Element Ion 4 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zman2100, Nov 20, 2011.

1. zman2100 macrumors regular

zman2100

I haven't seen any other threads that showcase the Element Ion 4, so I figured I'd post some impressions and pictures.

First, I ordered it with a coupon code (ecmj20off; not sure if it's still good) for 20% off, making the case $40 before being shipped, $52 after being shipped. I was disappointed that $12 was the cheapest shipping option, but whatever.

I liked the way that the case looked but I honestly don't know what drove me to order it since I have a white iPhone 4S and don't like black cases on it. But anyways, I took the plunge knowing that my roommate could always use it on his black iPhone 4 if I didn't like it.

The case fits really snug. Unlike a lot of "stretch" cases, it was incredibly difficult to put on. I'm sure that it will stretch out over time but I'd imagine that it'll last a long time with a snug fit. The edges feel really good in your hand and definitely add some grip that you don't get with a naked phone or with an aluminum bumper. The cutouts for the sleep/wake button and volume buttons are very well designed, with the sleep button feeling natural to press, despite the case indenting in the opening.

Overall, I liked the case a lot since it looks really nice, will definitely provide a little more drop protection than an aluminum bumper, and is a lot cheaper than almost anything else Element has to offer. However, I just couldn't get over having it on a white iPhone. I ended up giving it to my roommate since he was in need of a new case and he absolutely loves it. He was quite happy that I decided I didn't want it.

Here are some pics of it taken with my iPhone 4S:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jiholl macrumors member

I have this too

It is a great case...question...were you able to get it on with a front screen protector in place...without bubbling? Also..have you seen any impact on reception/signal, etc...some think the carbon fiber harms that?
    Thanks!

3. JayJayJay macrumors member

It's my favorite case. Drop Protective and it adds hardly any bulk at all. As for reception issues. I haven't noticed any issues at all.

4. wedgehammer macrumors newbie

this and the formula 4 are my favourite cases right now... both fit snugly on my 4s and don't spoil my power support back and front protectors... no reception issues for me and i like them on my white 4s!

5. zman2100 thread starter macrumors regular

zman2100

I don't have a screen protector and neither does my roommate so I can't attest to whether bubbling happens or not. And there has not been any issues with reception.

6. JayJayJay macrumors member

Yes, but you are comparing apples to oranges. They are functionally different. That bumper frame that you posted will do nothing for your phone if dropped, nor will it help protect against scratches. The Ion has excellent drop protection and will protect the back entirely and the front, with it's lay on the table design (which that bumper doesn't do). In essence, that bumper looks pretty (I agree that it does) but does ZERO to protect your phone.

7. zman2100 thread starter macrumors regular

zman2100

Pretty sure that guy is a spammer

8. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

any chance to see this case next to a apple bumper ? i like to see the thickness difference etc.
    Thanks

9. JayJayJay macrumors member

10. zman2100 thread starter macrumors regular

zman2100

If I get around to it I'll post some later. Can't make any promises though.

11. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

12. JayJayJay macrumors member

I just noticed you said it was "a little more drop protective than an aluminum bumper." Um, really? An aluminum bumper provides zero drop protection. This case provides a fair amount of drop protection (not on par with the "rugged" style cases, but significantly more than any aluminum bumper I've ever seen).

Also, I had no problem at all putting the case on (or taking it off, for that matter).