Element Tactical Arctic

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by j-a-x, Oct 19, 2011.

1. j-a-x, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

This seems like it would be a pretty nice looking case on a white iPhone, although I'd never buy it unless it was on sale for 50% off (I wonder how likely that is).

Does anybody have any experience with this case? I always see reviews of the Element aluminum bumper type cases but not these "Tactical" ones. Do these have the same signal attenuation issue as the other Element cases?

Anybody got any more pictures of it besides the stock photos or want to write a small review?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Vapor-Tactical-Arctic-Camo-iPhone/dp/B005HFNIGG

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

That is SO awesome! Knowing Element that case probably cost 100% more then it's worth, but dayyum!

3. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Yeah, $120 and I can't find it discounted anywhere. Who pays that much for a case? If I saw it for $60 I might consider it but $120 is way too much.

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Not gonna lie, I am tempted.. but alas unless the signal issues were sorted I won't even consider it. If I bought this I'd sell my two Atomic cases though..

5. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

should be called the "3rd dream"

inception fans know whats up

6. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

:confused:
    (never seen Inception).

I'm a bit tempted too. I think it's the best looking design for the white phone. I heard from somebody that Element occasionally has 50% off sales, so it might be worth watching, but if there are still antenna issues I wouldn't really consider it.

It says the back is plastic too, which doesn't seem like it would be very sturdy for such an expensive case.

7. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

if you've never seen inception, i suggest you do so.....TONIGHT

8. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Haha it's on my list. For some reason my wife hates Leonardo so its hard to convince her to see it, but one of these days... :)

9. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

It appears to me like the "stick-on" type thing they sold before for the carbon look.

10. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

That case is pretty bad ass! Not 120 dollars bad ass, but still very cool.

11. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

That does look pretty good on the white. If it ever gets any cheaper I might have to grab one to supplement the book book I have.

12. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

13. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Just a note, I think this is their design that tends to give problems to the signals on our phones. Just a heads up. Otherwise, super cool looking case.

14. EvilShenaniganZ, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

I hope that backplate is more than just a sticker. Just got my vapor case. The backplate is a sticker???????? WTF :mad:

EEK, the website may say backplate sold seperate. Going to look now. Maybe the "sticker" white back is just the defult? Kinda lame for that much$$$ I would think it would include the backplate.

15. Rusdude macrumors member

Backplates from Element have adhesive on the back in order to stick to the cases (i.e. their case design doesn't allow for backplate to be held by a case like, for example, Graft Leverage). I'm not sure about camo, but I have COMP Stealth and its carbon fiber is a real deal, it's just not covered in epoxy (which gives it that stealth look instead of a typical glossy carbon fiber).

16. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Well to be honest, this case is similar design to the Vapor 4. I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews about this case and how this case doesn't help with the reception. Well guess what? I got this vapor 4 case today and I put it on and I still get full 5 Bars. Not even 1 bar dropped. Even without the case I still get 5 bars (not to mention that even if death grip my phone, I don't even lose receptions). I have the iPhone 4.

17. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

It would be more interesting to know how the case affects a weak signal. Go somewhere where you get 1 or 2 bars and try it then. If it drops in a low signal area that's a bad sign. Either that or go into debug mode and look at the raw signal strength in decibels with and without the case.

18. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Actually wherever I go, I barely get 1 or 2 bars. The least is 3 that I get, but the most I get out of the signal is 5. I think I mentioned this on my other post, that I am not effected by the reception loss at all. Even without any case, I can hold it and cover that line on the bottom left for a minute and it still get a full bar.

19. Rusdude macrumors member

Glad your signal is fine :) But a heads-up, another thing people have had issues with is Wi-Fi and/or GPS. So check those things out too.

20. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

I think Element has only offered one discount sales since the launch of iPhone4 and that was only for 25%. It was shortly before the launch of iPhone4s. I think they were perhaps anticipating the release of a new design and clearing old stock. I don't think we are likely to see anymore anytime soon.

Post up pictures for any of you ordering this. Looks great from the picture. Would love to see this in real life on a white iPhone.