Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Have there been any media reviews of the latest Vapor4 posted outside of iLounge?

Larry Greenberg also had a couple videos on both versions of the case. You guys should check those out. They were out before the snazzy guy's and are much more in depth.

Fliesen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Austria
ofcourse it's not very in-depth, still i thought people might wanna know about that (imho very cheap) carbon back

Vapored

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
North Texas
ofcourse it's not very in-depth, still i thought people might wanna know about that (imho very cheap) carbon back

that carbon back rocks! i think $20 for real carbon fiber is a steel... yea there are cheeper ones out their, but its not real carbon fiber... besides, it is in fact thinker than any "skin" backing ive seen as of yet...

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Disenchanted

The reviews haven't been as stellar as I would have liked. Plus I haven't heard a word from Element since I paid them back on July 03rd. I can't give an A+ for customer service at this point even if the case turned out to be fantastic. 2 emails and one phone call from me and nothing in the way of a response from Element. I understand that they are very busy but I'm having a hard time making excuses for their lack of customer service at this point. I'm beginning to think I should do a charge back with Paypal for my two cases and wait until they get the bugs worked out. I believe that those who order one at Christmas time will end up with a far better product than I will for the same price. I'd prolly have more patience if they would make an attempt to reply to my emails.
I'm giving it until tomorrow and if i don't hear something I'm gonna pull the plug.

ryans428

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
They opened up orders again but I haven't got my email to order and I preorder since the 11th but I don't really care too much cause I want custom engraving but the gun metal color isn't available

mackley4350

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Signal Issues

I just got an email from them after asking about GPS signal:

Matthew,

We have made improvements to the case that improves the GPS signal.

Russell @ elementcase

Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2010 10:34 AM
To: info@elementcase.com
Subject: Re: Vapor Update 07292010

I have heard reports that the case makes it impossible to use your GPS and wifi is effected? The case looks beautiful but if GPS doesn't work that's a huge issue.

Thanks ,

Matthew

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada

Matthew,

Russell @ elementcase

Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2010 10:34 AM
To: info@elementcase.com
Subject: Re: Vapor Update 07292010

I have heard reports that the case makes it impossible to use your GPS and wifi is effected? The case looks beautiful but if GPS doesn't work that's a huge issue.

Thanks ,

Matthew
Not real chatty Cathys are they. Russell could have mentioned what that improvement was vs just saying we fixed it. THE GPS radio is below the + - buttons. Version 2 doesn't have a cut there. Is there a version 3 we haven't seen yet? :eek:

All that being said it's nice that they responded to your email question.

mackley4350

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Not real chatty Cathys are they. Russell could have mentioned what that improvement was vs just saying we fixed it. THE GPS radio is below the + - buttons. Version 2 doesn't have a cut there. Is there a version 3 we haven't seen yet? :eek:

All that being said it's nice that they responded to your email question.

Yeah they response is pretty short without much of an explanation. Your right though Im lucky they responded

Peterg2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Matthew,

Russell @ elementcase

<snip>

In essence, the case impairs the signal as suspected by several people, and in order to reduce the impairment they have to cut out chunks of it to let some signal in.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
In essence, the case impairs the signal as suspected by several people, and in order to reduce the impairment they have to cut out chunks of it to let some signal in.

The problem I see is, this method funnels the signal in to only the exposed areas of the antenna.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008

Maybe it requires you to add a bumper to this bumper or hold the phone differently!

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Maybe it requires you to add a bumper to this bumper or hold the phone differently!

I heard something that sounded a lot like what you said somewhere before..............thinking...........thinking..........oh, I know. The new blackberry torch, right?
apparently you have to hold it by the corner away from your body because it's so fug ugly.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Troop are you no longer waiting,waiting,waiting. I thought they were sending you the case yesterday.

Yeah my order is Awaiting Fulfillment still, and they haven't responded to the Paypal dispute so I'm thinking they really want my business lol.

Vapored

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
North Texas
after really thinking about it...

Really??? $100 for a bumper??? its just a phone.... that ill prob upgrade in less than a year to the new IP5 and the IP6 after that... so i just dont see the value in a $100 bumper, shoot for that price i could buy 5 bumpers and be pimpin a diff bumper ever day of the wk week!

ohh wait.... im trying to sell it...:eek:

well no last straw... i know there are other people that want one more than me, i really dont mind waiting for the next round of orders so ill gladly let someone else enjoy the ownership of the vapor 4 case as i stand in line for the next round. :p

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Well this is strange. I just got an email notifcation from Element. Must be the law of attraction, haha " see above comments "
Saying that my status has changed. I went from awaiting fulfillment to awaiting shipment. I email them about making a change to my order. Sans carbon back plates and now my order is getting ready to ship. Well I'm glad that it's not version 1. I do need the SMS card cut out to swap sims with an iPad. It makes sence anyways. It would suck to be on vacation and buying a pay as you go sim and realizing that you didn't have the mini hex wrench with you. Well depending on when they get here black/black and black/pink I will post pics and do a full review. Providing that there aren't already 500 reviews by that time.
If I don't love it, it is going back as soon i finish doing the review.

Mechinyun

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010

lol

Xhibit.jpg

YO dawg - I heard you like cases - so I put a bumper on your bumper on your phone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.