Elementary (TV Show) USA

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lunaoso, Sep 3, 2013.

1. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Who else is ready for season. 2 to start?! It's easily my favorite show on TV. Holmes and Watson are going to London for an unknown reason, at least for the first episode, and we get to meet Mycroft (Sherlock's brother), who lends him 221B Baker Street (aha! moment?). I'm curious to see if Moriarty will make a return somehow.

Anyway, instant season pass but on iTunes for me. :D

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I watched a few episodes. Personally, I feel Sherlock is better. Particularly the Moriarty in Sherlock. He is absolutely the creepiest villain on television.

3. lunaoso thread starter macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I've honestly never watched Sherlock, but that crazy 5 episode per season UK schedule would tick me off. I love the cases in Elementary, a select few are just so we'll thought out that you'd think it was a movie. Some of the cases kinda suck, put for the most part, most of them are pretty decent though.

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

I watch both Sherlock and Elementary. I prefer Sherlock, but Elementary is still an awesome show and I'm excited for it to start the new season.

5. simsaladimbamba

Nevertheless, get your hands on Sherlock, there are currently 6 episodes each 90 minutes long, and when your get to Moriarty, you should love it. That Andrew Scott is ****ing incredible.

Elementary is quite okay too, I like the personal twists quite much, especially with Adler and Moriarty, but then again, there were too much episodes which felt like filler.
    I now prefer my seasons to be 12 episodes instead of 26 or 24 or 22, even though I learnt TV in that format.
    12 or 13 episodes give your much more to time to tell the story than 22 or 26 episodes do, as you always have those filler episodes in those longer running series.

Anyway: Andrew Scott Andrew Scott Andrew Scott Andrew Scott

6. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Seriously, Netflix series are perfect in terms of length and quality. Thirteen hour long episodes.

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

And HBO.

8. simsaladimbamba

And Showtime.
    And BBC.
    And probably many more.

9. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I had not heard of Sherlock until this thread but I will add it to my Watch list. As for Elementary, I really enjoy it. Ready for the new season. Good chemistry between Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu.

10. Ap0ks macrumors 6502

It very much depends on the channel showing the programme. BBC channels are paid for by UK tax-payers they earn no revenue from advertising and so you normally find BBC programmes usually have shorter series when the budget per episode is quite high. Sherlock is actually 3 episodes per series (third series is starting soon).

Other channels that do have advert breaks tend to produce closer to 10-12 episodes per series.

Elementary is good, I like what they've done with the underlying Sherlock Holmes stories however there is a little too much filler content here and there.

11. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Can hardly wait for it to start. Season one peaked my interest and now that I know the characters, season two should be awesome. Always a good chuckle watching it.

12. lunaoso thread starter macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Did you know your last name means green stick in French? :p One of my favorite lines right there. :D

13. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I like Sherlocks quirks and the way he never gives Watson credit for doing anything clever.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've seen a few episodes of this but not enough to keep me hooked. I do strongly recommend Sherlock though. Each episode is of film length and quality, there are 6 of them and they're all incredible.

It's not paid for by tax, it's paid for by a license fee. If you choose not to watch live TV or radio broadcasts you don't have to pay it.

15. Ap0ks macrumors 6502

I didn't say it was a tax, just paid for by UK tax-payers i.e. people living in the UK and paying tax, suppose I could have said the UK pop. instead ;)

16. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Thanks to this thread, I'm now a huge fan of Sherlock! Great show. Just finished the 3rd ep with the intro of Moriarty at the pool. Hooked!

17. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I've watched both seasons and the two stars are great ! Lucy Liu is great as a Watson and Jonny Lee Miller plays a great Sherlock.