Elementcase soft tec?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by spybenj, Mar 22, 2013.

1. spybenj macrumors member

2. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

I've been using it for a little over a month now. I love it. Well made and looks absolutely sharp. The cover over the screen keeps it protected while its in my pocket and I've dropped it once or twice with no damage to the phone.

Issues: the two card slots tend to leave a light strip across the screen since the screen protector doesn't touch there, only noticeable when the phone is off. I am also used to cases that do not cover the screen, so took a little getting used to opening the case up again to take a call or a picture. However, you can close the case and still talk on the phone since it does no cover up the mic and there is a slot for the speaker near your ear.

3. spybenj thread starter macrumors member

Awesome
    Any chance that you've also tried the hex axis case?
    I'm trying to decide between the two

4. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

5. spybenj thread starter macrumors member

I really want to get it but I live in Canada so shipping is $30, which is too much to pay for a $50 case

6. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I have this case. Excellent and very handy. If you can, try it out ;)

7. spybenj thread starter macrumors member

I found an OEM version of it for $20
    I'm going to order it, and if I like the idea I'll order a legit one from element case

8. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

Mine is original. I love it although I was suspicious at first.

9. spybenj thread starter macrumors member

Where'd you get yours?
    In ordering it from aliexpress so I doubt it's original, but I'm basically buying it so that I can try out the case before I get it for real

10. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

11. jayrflow macrumors 6502

I love this case but I find myself using my bookbook even more. Nothing wrong with having two wallet cases right? Lol

12. Partridge macrumors 6502

You're misusing the term OEM.

OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer, which applies in the case where there is a primary manufacturer and the product is rebranded by the sellers. By eliminating the middleman, you can save money while getting essentially the same product.

In this case, the orIginal manufacturer IS Element, or at the very least is not in China, so what you're talking about is a replica or counterfeit

Just calling it for what it is. By using the term like this you're giving actual OEM products a bad name.

13. spybenj thread starter macrumors member

Ok
    Yea I thought that OEM sounded off, good to know
    Replica's are good to test out general function, rather than the implementation. I'm just not sure if I could get used to a wallet case, the $20 replica is kindof like insurance, in a sense.

14. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

I almost wanted to make a new thread for this but I didn't.

I think the soft tec's magnet just ruined my iphone 5s. The screen doesn't turn on...its just black. everything works otherwise (sounds etc) but I can't do any movements, and the screen is black. I just see backlights.

It was working perfectly until I put the case on for a few hours.

Anyone out there maybe have the same issue? This is a small chance I know, but worth a shot.

15. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Looks like there's only two card slots....unless there's one I'm missing?