Elevation Dock for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vong, Dec 26, 2012.

1. vong macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2010
    Anyone here pick up this dock? I'm planning on picking up this dock but I would like to get some feedback on this dock. I tried google but I couldn't find any reviews on the iPhone 5 dock.
  2. jdecosta macrumors member

Feb 16, 2012
    Yes, got one for Christmas. Awesome dock took about 3 weeks to get in.
  3. vodavoda macrumors member

Oct 5, 2012
    can you undock with 1 hand?
  4. jdecosta macrumors member

Feb 16, 2012
    Yes, but it does lift up slightly. My guess is once the lightning connector loosens up a bit it will be fine.
  5. hofnar macrumors regular

Feb 12, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have this dock and I really love it. Sadly with the iPhone 5 it does not slide out as easily as the 30 pin does. But it's heavy and I wont knock it over when I wake up in the morning.

Also as you can see by the youtube video the phone kind of tilts at a slight angle when viewed from above. This happens if the phone does not hit the pads evenly on the back.

The pads are reversible if you have a case on or not. You pull it out and flip it over. I use the elago slim case, and the pad dosent come out far enough (on the non-case side of the pad). I stuffed some electrical tape in the slot behind the pad to fill it more, so my phone hits evenly on the pad and rests even.

I know you would think with the price that you pay for this dock it would be prefect yada yada yada. It's pricey but it's fine with a little tweek and it's good to support a kickstarter.

This also works on most cases, but I've only tried it with the elago slim and the speck grip.

Attached Files:

6. vong thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2010
    Hmm its either this dock, or dock+ that I am leaning towards getting for my friend.
  7. LaymansDomain macrumors member

Dec 13, 2012
  8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

Jul 30, 2007
    I'm selling mine with Lightning and 30-pin setup in silver. PM for details.