Elevation Dock for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vong, Dec 26, 2012.

1. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

Anyone here pick up this dock? I'm planning on picking up this dock but I would like to get some feedback on this dock. I tried google but I couldn't find any reviews on the iPhone 5 dock.

2. jdecosta macrumors member

Yes, got one for Christmas. Awesome dock took about 3 weeks to get in.

3. vodavoda macrumors member

can you undock with 1 hand?

4. jdecosta macrumors member

Yes, but it does lift up slightly. My guess is once the lightning connector loosens up a bit it will be fine.

5. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

I have this dock and I really love it. Sadly with the iPhone 5 it does not slide out as easily as the 30 pin does. But it's heavy and I wont knock it over when I wake up in the morning.

Also as you can see by the youtube video the phone kind of tilts at a slight angle when viewed from above. This happens if the phone does not hit the pads evenly on the back.

The pads are reversible if you have a case on or not. You pull it out and flip it over. I use the elago slim case, and the pad dosent come out far enough (on the non-case side of the pad). I stuffed some electrical tape in the slot behind the pad to fill it more, so my phone hits evenly on the pad and rests even.

I know you would think with the price that you pay for this dock it would be prefect yada yada yada. It's pricey but it's fine with a little tweek and it's good to support a kickstarter.

This also works on most cases, but I've only tried it with the elago slim and the speck grip.

Attached Files:

6. vong thread starter macrumors 6502a

vong

Hmm its either this dock, or dock+ that I am leaning towards getting for my friend.

7. LaymansDomain macrumors member

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I'm selling mine with Lightning and 30-pin setup in silver. PM for details.