Elevation Dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gmhag, Dec 15, 2011.

1. gmhag, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

gmhag macrumors regular

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

3. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

6. cybertek macrumors regular

cybertek

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

$60 for a dock? This was priced thinking they would not get that many backers. At their present funding, this should cost less.

8. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I've been in for one as well. Looks SWEET! Finally a good solid dock that works with a case.

9. King Luis macrumors 6502

that looks amazing. but, how does it work with other cases like the vapor pro or snap on style cases?

10. iToNe24 macrumors regular

iToNe24

backed as well!

hopefully its that easy to put in n out .. i loved my blackberry how easy it was to plug in n out of dock ... dropped right in

11. stevepollock macrumors newbie

I have no information on this thread so i cant give you the information.

12. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

That's a really nice and clean looking dock. Hope it will be on sale soon.

13. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

Pretty sick looking! Planning on backing it, just want to see how they're going to set the usb cable up. Saw the pic of it coming out of the back, but also saw the creator talking about using Micro-usb. Any thoughts on this being future proof on possibly wider iPhones down the road?

14. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Citation? Can you mill the same thing for less?

15. ZipZap macrumors 601

I'll pose the same to you. Can you prove it takes $60 to mill it. Of course not.

In practice, milling costs tend to go down as the quantity goes up.

He likely priced for the lowest quantity milling not knowing the response level. Now he is at 4000+ units and his cost should have droppped.

Unfortunately, kickstarter does not allow for donation level changes.

I still think that at $60 it is over priced.

16. laxman101 macrumors regular

17. psywzrd macrumors 68030

This is definitely a nice-looking dock but there's already something out that's similar (no audio out though) and cheaper. If you don't care about the audio out, it might be a better option for you guys.

http://made2dock.myshopify.com/

I have one and it works great but I understand that it might not be exactly what you're looking for. Just trying to help though:).

18. rocknblogger, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I just backed it too. But I think $90 retail is expensive and $120 to get the line out is really expensive.

That's why I backed it at $79. To me that's worth it.

19. imalazeeass macrumors regular

I have been thinking about getting the made2dock as well, but what I like about the elevation case is that you can remove the phone with ease without using 2 hands. Is that the case w/ the made2dock?

20. psywzrd macrumors 68030

For sure. It's very similar to the elevation dock in that it's heavy and it also has that non-stick material on the bottom. It's definitely a really nice dock and they did a great job of accepting feedback from members here to improve the product.

21. jedolley macrumors 68000

Thanks for pointing this out! I really like how they have a compatibility list. Now if they only had white :p

22. psywzrd macrumors 68030

No problem. You can't please everyone though, huh;). Shoot them an email about a white one - can't hurt. Like I said, they were great about listening to suggestions from members here so maybe they could make you a white one somehow.

23. jedolley macrumors 68000

Thanks, but it's not that big a deal. Will probably go silver, but the black looks nice too. Decisions, decisions...

24. ZipZap macrumors 601

Being that I do change cases I have to size this to slim. Right now I use Desmay Slight.

So I wonder how it will fit the slim...meaning will it be stress the connection as its leans backwards more than it would with a case designed for the slim version.

I don't want to have to buy this then another if I change cases.

I thing the elevation is good across the board on sizes?

25. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I wouldn't really worry about that too much. I've docked my phone in mine with several different cases and with no case at all and I've never had an issue. Yes, it won't be as tight if you dock the phone with no case on it but it's not like the phone is going to tip over and break your dock connector.

What's the biggest case you use with your phone? That will help you decide which one to get because you obviously need to buy something that will at least accommodate your bulkiest case. As you can see though, most cases will fit in the slim dock. You can always return it if it doesn't work out for you too. I guess it would be nice if they made inserts for them like you get with Apple's cheap dock but I doubt that would be cost-effective for these guys.